Nesebar Restaurants

Light Lunch
    by johngayton

Most Recent Restaurants in Nesebar

• johngayton's Profile Photo

Morskiyat Vulk - The Sea Wolf: Where The "Cheesy Chips" Cost 5.70 Leva!

by johngayton Updated Feb 15, 2010

Light Lunch

The name should have given it away, plus the sign above the main door being in English, but it was one of the few places actually open during my visit and I did get a friendly welcome.

I've also now noted that a couple of other reviewers, here and elsewhere, have a "BEWARE" notice attached to this place as it seems that they do try extort whatever they can from their customers and charge for fish by weight.

That said though I did enjoy my light lunch here. The service was friendly (and he gave me directions and times for the buses back to Burgas) and swift. The food was good and the place has a slightly-kitschy but interesting seafood theme including a good-looking tropical fish tank. The roaring log fire added much-needed warmth to the almost deserted dining room and the fish is definitely going to be fresh as I saw a delivery arriving as I was eating.

Favorite Dish: I was just after a light simple lunch and so opted for the garlic-fried calimari. My waiter did try to sell me a large portion but I made it plain that I just wanted a small one and so that was fine, nicely chewy and garlicky. It was the 5.70 leva for a small portion of "Cheesy Chips" that I thought a bit extortionate. I hadn't checked the price on the menu when I ordered them, assuming that they'd be a couple of leva like just about everywhere else in the Country, but such is life.

All-in-all the 21+ leva bill, which included a coffee and a beer, wasn't exactly going to break the bank but do note the caveat regarding the pricing of fish by weight and check the prices of the garnitura section before ordering any if you're on a tight budget.

• Beer Tasting

• timada's Profile Photo

The Sea Wolf: Be careful at the prices !

by timada Updated Nov 12, 2008

The Sea Wolf restaurant

We thought there were low prices but it wasn't so because they show a price and put another price on the bill ...so be careful and ask the price before eating :-) .It's hard because not every waiter speaks English ( they would rather speak Romanian !)...so maybe you 'll ask them to write the price on paper.

Favorite Dish: I ate fish and my friends Bulgarian salads . They were quit good !

Restaurant Romantika: Excellent food

by timada Updated Nov 12, 2008

Blue fish  in restaurant Romantika

We enjoyed the view towards the little port and eat some wide variety of sea delicacies and excellent fish dishes . I tried blue fish at oven and my husband frutti di mare and a fish named scud . When we ask for the bill we saw a sum with 30 leva more than we knew we have to pay . We told him and he brought us our money back !

Favorite Dish: They have also Bulgarian specialities , grill and a la minute of beef meat , pork , lamb and chicken .

• timada's Profile Photo

Aquamarin bistro: Grandma's courtyard !

by timada Updated Oct 22, 2008

Entrance of Aquamarin bistro , Old Nessebar

Cozy , relaxing atmosphere ! You can spend unforgettable hours with your friends eating Bulgarian national dishes at reasonable prices .

Favorite Dish: It's sure that Bulgarian salads with vegetables and cheese are very good !

• Icecream saloon Clio in Nesebar: Superb experience!

by Ivo_K Written Aug 24, 2007

The icecream saloon Clio in Nesebar

I have visited this icecream saloon in July 2007 after reading some article about it in a national newspaper. I approached it with mixed feelings, because usually what I read is far from the reality, but I was more than pleasantly surprised and I will for sure visit it again next time I am in Nesebar! The outlet has about 120 seats, it is air-condtioned and with very nice furniture inside, but has also a very nice terrace (you better avoid it though during the day time when it's very hot). You will have really hard time choosing what icecream or melba you wanna order - the menu is full of so many delicious and tempting things! The icecreams and melbas start from 5-6 leva (2-3 euro), there are more expensive melbas up to 15-17 leva (7-8 euro) - one of them is served in a whole pineapple!
    The waitress has been very friendly and fast in her work and this is something hard to find at the seaside these days!

Favorite Dish: Great icecream menu

• Beaches

• Kapitanska sreshta (Captains' Meeting): A very good restaurant, but too expensive!

by Ivo_K Updated Aug 19, 2007

This is a nice tradional Bulgarian restaurant with the accent put on the seafood. The restaurant is housed in an old house built in XIII century that is a cultural monument itself. The athmosphere is very romantic and the view from the restaurant at the bay below is very nice too, the waiters are very kind and fast in their work, but the prices are too high even for a tourist destination like the Old Town of Nesebar! The prices for a meal with a meat start from 20 lv (around 10 euro), a bottle of wine costs at least 45 lv (approx. 22 euro). I have visited it for a dinner in July 2007 and after checking the prices I wasn't surprised to see that only half of the tables have been occupied and all the guests of the restaurant that evening have been tourists from Western Europe.
    May be the situation with the lunch menu is different, but all the restaurants in Nesebar have much cheaper prices for their lunch menu.

Favorite Dish: The athmosphere and the view from the terrace of the restaurant are great.

• Seniors

• Alexander: The best restaurant in Nesebar

by Ivo_K Written Aug 19, 2007

This is not a very big traditional Bulgarian restaurant situated in Nesebar (85 seats as I have heard) working during the whole year, not only during the high season. It has a very good kitchen (try the seafood and steak specialties plus the Zagorka draught beer) and more than reasonable prices and that's why you usually can't find free tables even if you wait for hours in front of it. This is why I would like to recommend you to make a reservation - as I have heard if you make a reservation your bill should be at least 10 lv per person (about 5 euro). It's very difficult to advise you what to eat, because all the meals are delicious, I would suggest you to try Alexander salad though - I really do like it!
    You can also try to lunch menu - very delicious and cheaper, you won't regret that you have tried it.

Favorite Dish: Alexander salad

• viddra's Profile Photo

Nesebar Old & New: Take a break!

by viddra Written Apr 13, 2007
    clock tower

You can have lunch in any restaurant for 3-5 €.

Other prices are:
    coffee (ka’fe): 0.20-0.50 €
    juice (sok): 30 cents
    beer (‘bira): 0.25-0.50 €
    1.5l of bottled water (vo’da): 0.25 €

Favorite Dish: Shopska salata is everyone's favourite salad, so here's the recipe.

Ingredients:
    300g cucumbers
    6-7 tomatoes
    1 onion
    200g white cheese (sirene)
    parsley
    oil and salt

Chop the onion and parsley up into small pieces and salt.Slice the tomatoes and cucumbers and mix everything with onion and oil. Leave in the fridge for 2 hours and sprinkle with Bulgarian crumbly white cheese before you serve it.

• viddra's Profile Photo

Mehana pri Dzambo: Worth waiting

by viddra Written Apr 13, 2007
    a cart

There are numerous restaurants all over Nesebar, old and new, where you can have meals for 3-5 €.

One of those is this one. Here you can have your tasty meal inside or outside.

The only problem's service - it's rather slow.

Favorite Dish: a cheeseburger (svinski kifteta kaska) with chips (przeni kar’tofi)

• desert_princess's Profile Photo

"Captain's meeting" Restaurant - XVIII century

by desert_princess Updated Oct 8, 2006

Located above the new port , the Restaurant is my latest discovery and highly recommended to anyone because of its incredible atmosphere and its unbeatable location offering a view over the port ant the bay of the New Town of Nessebar.
    The ground floor is furnished as an ancient ship , with fishnets hanging from the ceiling and inhabited swallow nests on the ceiling. The top floor is furnished as a nineteen century house with a rocking chair in the center and several rooms to ensure the privacy of the guests. Unfortunately you cannot see how magic the atmosphere is on the top floor from my pics ,but I will do my best to get new ones any time these days. The atmosphere is so real ,that I expect a high class lady with umbrella and a corset dress to pop up any time with her gentleman dresses in smoking.
    The place used to be a favorite of our Communist party leader - Todor Jivkov , and we all know he had a taste for the beautiful corners of our land.

• Music
    • Architecture

• Sininen's Profile Photo

Under the vines

by Sininen Written Mar 12, 2006

Under the vines

We had lunch in this lovely litle restaurant in old town Nesebar. It is held by a Bulgarian woman and her Finnish husband. We sat outdoors under vines in shade and were made most welcome there.

Favorite Dish: We had cold yoghurt-cucumber soup which was excellent and just what we needed in that heat! Yummy!

• Photography
    • Hiking and Walking

• tamisar's Profile Photo

CHEVERMETO: The best place to hear authentic Bulgarian music

by tamisar Written Jul 21, 2004

It is one of my favourite places to eat. The food variety is so big, but the best is to start with a salad (shopska ...), and then to take shashluck (different sorts of meet on a metal stick cooked on open fire, you can also have the vegetables prepared that way), don't forget to order some wine cause it is so good and goes great with the food. The best part of this restaurant is the fact it has no tourist, it has live Bulgarian music (chalge), open air performances (national dance in ethnic garments, walking on fire with an icon)....

• Music

• pretty33555's Profile Photo

Andromeda: Just a restaurant:)

by pretty33555 Written Jun 9, 2004

I can't say anything special about this place:)) It was just the 1st place we saw on our way when we were hungry to death. A nice place:)

Favorite Dish: Again I can't say anything about their "dish du jour" because I shovelled down like a geek spaghett there :))))))

• Fen's Profile Photo

At all good Restaurants: Shopska salad

by Fen Written Oct 13, 2003

This is lovely....!

Well this is more of a reference for me because I really loved this Salad.
    Of course I tried other things but I recommend that you try this for yourself and you don't have to go to Bulgaria either.

Favorite Dish: Shopska salad
    Ingredients: 3-4 tomatoes, 1 cucumber, 4-5 peppers, 1 onion, 150g brined sheep's cheese, parsley, vinegar, sunflower oil and salt.
    Bake, peel and seed the peppers. Cut into small strips and add the diced tomatoes, cucumbers and onion. Add salt, oil and vinegar, and mix. Serve in the shape of a pyramid, top with chopped parsley and grated cheese.

• ``The Fast Food Place``: Great fast food

by ilko4002 Written Aug 19, 2003

The restaurant is located in the downtown area. The food quality was great. Everything was fresh.

Favorite Dish: I had fried cheese and cucumber salad and Bulgarian yogurt. I liked the way the food was prepared. I also like the fact that it was all fresh and fast. I highly recommend this restaurant.

Instant Answers: Nesebar

Comments

Nesebar Restaurants

Reviews and photos of Nesebar restaurants posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Nesebar sightseeing.