BE ON YOUR GUARD ALL THE TIME IN SUNNY BEACH. THEY MAINLY OPERATE ALONG THE PROMENADE. MYSELF AND MY SON WERE FOLLOWED WHEN THEY NOTICED THAT MY HANDBAG WAS HANGING OFF THE PUSHCHAIR. LUCKILY I REALISED WHAT THEY WERE DOING AND WAITED IN A SHOP UNTIL THEY DISAPEARED. THE FOLLOWING DAY WE SAW THE SAME GIRLS AND SAT IN A BAR WATCHING THEM PICKPOCKETING A WOMAN WITH A BAG ON HER SHOULDER. ALSO WATCH OUT FOR THE BEGGARS. I HAD A CHILD CLINGING ONTO MY LEG TO GIVE HIM MONEY, I JUST CARRIED ON WALKING.ALSO YOU MEN OUT THERE, MY FRIEND WENT TO THE SHOP AT NIGHT, 3 PROSTITUTES APPROACHED HIM, GRABBED HIS PRIVATES AND STOLE HIS WALLET WITH 250 LEVS IN. BULGARIA IS A BEAUTIFUL PLACE BUT PLEASE BE CAREFUL BECAUSE THESE THINGS CAN RUIN YOUR HOLIDAY SO QUICKLY
- Budget Travel
- Family Travel
- Women's Travel
ATMS and PIN thieft
This is another article I read today and thought would share with you. The article is in bulgarian and is about the Varna black sea region, but I am sure they are using the same tricks in Sunny Beach. Basically a small chip (see article photo) is inserted in the ATM reading slot, which transfers you pin and card details to the thefts.
Скиминг устройства заливат морето, снемат ПИН за 30 секунди
Warning!! Sunny Beach SCAMS
Warning Sunny Beach Visitors!
DO NOT USE ANY CURRENCY EXCHANGE PLACES EXCEPT A REAL BANK. THE GOVERNMENT OF BULGARIA ALLOWS 20% DEFERENCE IN THE REAL VALUE OF YOUR MONEY WHEN YOU EXCHANGE AND THE CURRENCY EXCHANGE PLACES IN SUNNY BEACH ARE SCAMMERS!!!
IF YOU NEGOTIATE IN ADVANCE THEY WILL NOT KEEP THEIR WORD AND WILL STEAL 20% OF YOUR MONEY IN ANYWAY AND THE LAW PROTECTS THEM. ACTUALLY THE MAFIA THAT HAS CONTROLED BULGARIA AND HAS established THE LAWS AND THEIR CURRENCY EXCHANGE PLASES ALL OVER SUNNY BEACH. FOR THE EXCHANGE OF 200 EURO YOU WILL LOOSE AMOUNT OF NEARLY 40 EURO NO MATTER HOW PRECOUSIES YOU ARE OR WHAT THE CASHIER WOULD SAY. THEY HIDE THE CURRENCY EXCHANGE TABLES BEHIND THE DOORS, and even if you see it THEY WILL TRICK YOU OUT WITH THE NUMBERS. DO NOT ENTER INTO CHANGE BURRO (SOME OF THEM ARE MADE TO LOOK LIKE A BANK EXSTENTIONS, BUT FOR SHURE ARE NOT). USE REAL BANKS, they are LOCATED IN THE CETER OF SUNNY BEACH NEXT TO HOTEL KUBAN. IF YOU GO TO BURGAS THERE should not BE A PROBLEM, BUT USE A BANK ANYWAY.
THE CASHIER (LADY OR MAN) IS A PROFETIONAL CHEATER THAT WORKS ON COMMISION OF WHAT SHE or HE COULD STEAL FROM YOU.
- TAXI IN SUNNY BEACH IS THE MOST EXPENSIVE IN THE WORLD. THEY WILL LIE TO YOU AND YOU WILL PAY AT LEAST 10 EURO PER KM - IF YOU ARE JAMES BOND I WOULD SAY. The SIMPLE REASON IS THAT ICONOMY IN BULGARIA IS BAD and the AUTORITIES are WEAK OR MAFIA organized, AND ALL THESE TAXI DRIVERS ARE WAITING FOR TOURISTS THEY can HIT.
- The bike taxis will tel you for instance 20- 50lv for the trip , but after you arrive he would say, 20-50 per person... so they are scammers as well. Gypsy looking prostitutes are pickpockets. Enjoy your vocation.
Construction sites - 7 june 2006
Even tho construction works were supposed to be canceled starting from the 1st of June , Some hotels are still being built even today - 07 june 2006 . They probably have a special permit....
- Spa and Resort
- Save up to 50% off Hotels Everyday
- Expedia.com Photos, Reviews and the Guaranteed Lowest Prices
- Save money, Book now!
- Booking.com Excellent choice, Low rates