Koprivshtitsa Off The Beaten Path

by ChristinaNest

Most Recent Off The Beaten Path in Koprivshtitsa

• real Koprivshitsa

by ger4444 Written Feb 16, 2008

Outside the town center, when you walk north-west direction, you see the “real” daily life of the local peasants. Here most of the tourist don’t come, because you don’t find any house museum here. Yet, it is the harmony, the kindness and the simplicity of the peasant life you find here. It brings you far back in time. Cows and sheeps on the street, chickens running around, old men and ladies sitting on a chair in front of their little houses, wondering if the tourist you are, is lost. Here you find the authentic Koprivshitsa.

• panorama over Koprivshitsa

by ger4444 Written Feb 16, 2008

Near the 20 april Square, when you cross the bridge, there are stairs that lead up to the mountains. At the right side of the Shuleva House Hotel you find these stairs. You can go there after dinner and walk the path that brings you to the beginning of the forest. From there you have a great panorama over Koprivshitsa under sunset. In the distance you see the mountains of Shredna Gora. Its beautifull to see the little down getting darker and hear the noices of cows and dogs in the distance. If you stay in town longer a walk in the field around the town and in the forrest is a nice change of scenery.

• ChristinaNest's Profile Photo

Animals

by ChristinaNest Written Jun 13, 2006

We took a steep street leading to the hills out of town and came upon a meadow where several sheep, goats and a horse were grazing quietly. The goats proved quit curious, the mother even tried to kiss me (see pic). The lambs were so cute, two white and two dark, with furry coats. They were kind of shy so we didn't go too close. The horse accepted the grass I offered him and posed for a picture with me. At some point, two puppies came to play in the meadow. The lambs moved in one or two groups. They looked at us here and there, but mostly kept grazing, so all we could see was four butts, two black, and two white.
    Later, climbing on the other side of the town, towards the monument of Benkovski, we met two horses, a mare and her child. The mother was tied to a tree, but got all entagled, so I had to help her. The little horse was curious but kept to her side. The mother accepted some grass and brushed her head agianst me, maybe that was a way of saying Thank you :)
    Living in the city we don't see such animals too often. Before, when I spent a lot of time in my grandparent's village, sheep and goats and cows weren't all that romantic, but nowadays I really enjoy seeing animals.

• Eco-Tourism
    • Farm Stay

Instant Answers: Koprivshtitsa

Comments

Koprivshtitsa Off The Beaten Path

Reviews and photos of Koprivshtitsa off the beaten path posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Koprivshtitsa sightseeing.

View all Koprivshtitsa hotels