Tryavna Restaurants

Most Recent Restaurants in Tryavna

• littlebush's Profile Photo

Bar Chicago: Bar Chicago

by littlebush Updated Sep 15, 2010

unsure if this is a bar or restaurant as we went during the day and there was no food menu but it had a good drinks menu with cocktails and shakes
    we had 2 shakes for 3.80 lev
    its a nice funky bar with a good view for people watching

• johngayton's Profile Photo

Luc's Tryavna Beerhouse: Lunch In One Of Bulgaria's (Few) Microbreweries

by johngayton Updated Mar 1, 2010

Starter

As far as I can ascertain Burgaria has a total of about three microbreweries in the whole country and one of these is here in Tryavna. That was as good a reason as any to make a day trip!

Luc's is located in a stylish stone barn of a building with robust natural wooden beams and may (or may not be) a reconstructed former warehouse. The brewery itself, with its gleaming copper vessels, is behind a glass screen where if you're lucky you can watch the brewer at work.

Unfortunately on the day I visited I was the only person in for lunch and so I can't really comment on the atmosphere but the roaring wood fire added a much-needed feel of warmth to the place and the service was attentive and professional.

Favorite Dish: I was basically only here for the beer but decided a light lunch might be a good idea to soak it up. The food menu actually reads quite well with a good selection of traditional dishes and is very reasonably priced. The drinks menu once again keeps to the Bulgarian format but with the addition, obviously, of the house brews. There just happened to be three of these and so that was my three-course lunch sorted!

As an aperatif I went for the blonde "Kehlibar" which was light and fruity, although perhaps a little bland for my personal tastes (but then I've never been a great fan of blondes ;)). For main course I opted for the Mish Mash and Flatbread from the food menu and accompanied that by the next beer on the list, the slightly more robust amber "Svetlo". The mish mash was tasty with roast peppers, tangy sirene and other bits and bobs scrumbled through the eggs and the pitta bread just nicely crisped.

The dessert was my favourite - the rich, chocolatey, dark "Trevnensko" which was almost a meal in its own right and with just enough alcohol content to make a post-prandial walk up the hill an almost neccessary pleasure!

Yep good beer, good food and good service - the beers are slightly on the pricey side compared to the standard Zagorka's etc but to my mind well worth paying for - and with the mish mash and bread the 12.60 leva bill made for a much cheaper lunch than most.

• Beer Tasting

Instant Answers: Tryavna

Comments

Tryavna Restaurants

Reviews and photos of Tryavna restaurants posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Tryavna sightseeing.