Vitosha Mountain, Sofia

Know about this? Rate It!

• Izvor's Profile Photo

Mineral Water Springs

by Izvor Updated Mar 20, 2003

Favorite thing: I have had people asking me if the water in Sofia/Bulgaria is good for drinking... Here is what I have to say on this matter:
    Bulgaria is well known for the big number of Mineral Water Springs. You can find water of any taste depending on the spring it comes from... soft and sweet, sharp and mineralized, common one... You can buy it in bottles of 250 ml, 500 ml, 1 l , 1,5 l and 5 l. It is good and very healthy.
    And when I say healthy, it is good to mention that at each Mineral Water Spring normaly there are Baths which are well known for their good impact on health. For more information, please check the helpful site mentioned bellow!

However the water coming from the sink could be not really good. Which depends on the local piping system. It is always good if you can make sure you let the water flow for a minute or two before you drink it.

• You have to go to the Vitosha...

by Vassia Written Aug 24, 2002

Favorite thing: You have to go to the Vitosha mountain which makes Sofia (by the way I live here and I study Tourism in Sofia University) so unique .It's very near the city- 1/2 hour by bus and it's cool.In winter you can ski or snowboard and there are very nice small villas where you can eat traditional food and warm up your body and soul.

Fondest memory: When I leave Sofia I always think about its many fases - the nice nature , clubs and friends and on the opposite side the dirty streets , poor people etc. I don't know what I exactly miss but I miss it!!

Instant Answers: Sofia