buddha bar, Sofia

15 a Lege Str., Rila hotel

Know about this? Rate It!

First time for a certain cocktail!
    by Durfun
    Buddha Bar
    by desert_princess
    Sofia-Buddha Bar
    by zofka
  • hekate's Profile Photo

buddha bar: Buddha Bar

by hekate Updated Apr 4, 2011

If you expect to see a top class nightclub you can get a little disappointed. The place is more or less OK but nothing special.

When I was there last Saturday with my friend Elitsa and another friend of mine we had good time. The place was full but not packed. I went there onWednesday evening as well, around midnight and it was almost empty. So, I guess, if you go there and look for crowds you should go there during the weekend.

What I found strange is that there is almost no place to dance but the music was loud.

One thing that really annoyed me is that the waitresses are slow and not very polite.

Working hours:
    00:00 - 24:00 h
    But if it is 2.00 in the morning and it is only you and the people on your table they stop the music and make it pretty clear that they want you out of there :)))

Dress Code: No special requirements.

Elitsa in Buddha Bar

• Durfun's Profile Photo

buddha bar: A taste of the Orient..

by Durfun Written Sep 6, 2006

This is a pretty funky place.

The layout is good, where you can choose to sit outside and people-watch as you sip your cocktails, or the darker inside lounges for that little bit more privacy.

The decor for the outer bar is warm & welcoming.

Open 24 hours.

A memorable experience for me as I had the cocktail 'Sex on the Beach' (Seks Na Plaja) with two sweet Bulgarian friends, upon their recommendation. That was the first time I ever tried that drink!!

We went on a weekday evening, so could chat and laugh, unhindered by huge crowds.

Dress Code: Casual/smart.

First time for a certain cocktail!

• desert_princess's Profile Photo

buddha bar: Buddha Bar

by desert_princess Updated Dec 3, 2005

Buddha bar is a nice place located at the back of Rila hotel at Lege Street. You can go dance, have a drink or just sit and watch the others having fun while chilling in the oriental atmosphere. It's all up to you. There is a pilon if you feel like performing :))
    I have never seen the place crowded ,so if you're looking for a party go elsewhere .
    In Buddha bay it's rather for relax.....
    Well yes Waitresses are slow as snails but you are there to dance,right? So go at the bar and pick your own drink in the meantime.

Buddha Bar
    • Singles

• oxoval's Profile Photo

buddha bar: Nightlife (or afternoon) fun for the staff?

by oxoval Updated Aug 31, 2005

Buddha bar, when you enter is not a so such bad place when you arrive in it. The staff is not so quick to serve you but to make you pay... that was my surprise when i wanted to ask for a second coffee. The barmaid brought me the bill and not the second one.
    At the moment to pay my 2 coffee, i gave a 10 leva bank note. And tried to say to her that i wanted to give 4 leva (the coffee at the writting date is 1.79), i had to pay 3.58. 4 was a good price because i appreciated the look of the bar and the music (not so high) at the beginning. But my surprise came when she tried to say something in bulgarian. I understood too late that she was taking my 4 for what i was asking back and not for what i wanted to give in payment of my too coffee. In fact, she were asking if i wanted 4 leva back (who is the dumb in the story). I found myself paying 6 instead of the 4 i wanted to give because she disapeared quickly after having give only 4 instead if the 6 i was waiting back for my two coffee....
    I have only one thing to say about the buddha bar: at teh moment to pay, JUST TAKE CARE THAT THEY DO NOT TRY TO TAKE YOU MORE!!!

• zofka's Profile Photo

buddha bar: loud music, big irritating tv, unfriendly

by zofka Written May 24, 2005

After looking for a long time for a place to get a beer, three friends and i went to Buddha Bar. The service was rather low. The big screen tv in the middle of the room showed several half naked girls on line-up and the music was so loud that you had to scream to each other.
    If you need to go to the toilet I can recommend Buddha Bar.

Sofia-Buddha Bar

• say-no-more's Profile Photo

buddha bar: not just for the night

by say-no-more Updated Jun 29, 2004

we heard that buddha bar was open 00-24. so we decided to pay it a visit... it was about 5 am when we came in. there was no other guests and the waitresses were sleeping on the bench! we woke them up and ordered some big lots-of-everything-inside cocktails and hot sandwiches with 3 kinds of cheese and eggs and tomatoes... i thought they were going to kill us for that! but infact they were very nice and kind to us!

buddha bar