Know about this? Rate It!
Soviet Army Monument
The Soviet Army Monument (Pametnik na Savetskata Armia) was erected in 1954 to commemorate the 10th anniversairy of the Socialist Revolution in Bulgaria as well as the liberation of Bulgaria by the Soviet Army.
The monument is dominated by a 34 m high pillar which is topped by a Soviet Red Army soldier leading a Bulgarian family to the promised land of Communism. On the pillar itself and also on the square around the pillar many other typical communist motivs can be found.
The Soviet Army Monument is located at the street bul. Tsar Osvoboditel, just between Sofia University and the bridge Orlov Most.
- Budget Travel
- Book now for big savings!
- Hotels.com Outstanding choice of hotels all over the world at fantastic prices.
- Save Up To 50% On Hotels
- Orbitz.com Find great deals on Orbitz & pay no hotel change or cancel fees
Sofia Travel Guide
Explore the World
- Castel Gandolfo
- Pulau Tioman
- Nandi Hotels
- Banepa Hotels
- Semarang Hotels
- Fruitland Hotels
- Copenhagen Off The Beaten Path
- Banff Off The Beaten Path
- New Mexico Off The Beaten Path
- Oregon Off The Beaten Path
- Cincinnati Off The Beaten Path
- Mersing Off The Beaten Path
- Virginia Off The Beaten Path
- Alaska Off The Beaten Path
- Wisconsin Off The Beaten Path
- Barry Island
- Saint Augustine Off The Beaten Path
- Busan Off The Beaten Path