Know about this? Rate It!
You can never see everything...
You can never see everything there is to see when visiting a city, I know there is so much more for me to explore around Sofia, even though it's where I was born and where I lived a big part of my life. I know for a fact, though that many people miss to see the beautiful churches, like the one on the picture, that are built mostly in Neo-Byzantine style and show what Bulgarian architecture from centuries ago was like. I don't know if most people do, but you should definitely check out the President's Guard marching in front of his office, located between Batenberg Square and Nezavisimost square. I doubt many people get to visit the book market on Slaveikov square, it's a favorite place for me to go, since so many books that one can't find in libraries, or bookstores anymore are being sold and of course to buy some pirated CD's! A friend of mine bought something for 15 leva (one CD costs that much, which is about $7), that would have cost him 700 Swiss Francs in Switzerland! He practically paid for his ticket with that bargain!
- Arts and Culture
- Historical Travel
- Book now for big savings!
- Hotels.com Outstanding choice of hotels all over the world at fantastic prices.
- Save money, Book now!
- Booking.com Excellent choice, Low rates
Sofia Travel Guide
Explore the World
- Bordeaux Off The Beaten Path
- Ilha Grande Off The Beaten Path
- Portimão Off The Beaten Path
- New Caledonia Off The Beaten Path
- Norfolk (County) Off The Beaten Path
- Khon Kaen Off The Beaten Path
- Kosice Off The Beaten Path
- Alicante Off The Beaten Path
- Lancaster Off The Beaten Path
- Cheung Chau Island
- Glasgow Off The Beaten Path
- Jasper National Park Off The Beaten Path