Divaka, Sofia

91 Rakovski str.

• Divaka
    by chbuchie
  • Great Bulgarian restaurant in the center of Sofia
    Great Bulgarian restaurant in the center...
    by desert_princess
  • PRhymer's Profile Photo

Divaka: Eat Here!

by PRhymer Updated Nov 27, 2011

The food was amazing, in large portions, and cheap. English menus are available. Our waitress was very nice, and patient (she spoke no English and we spoke no Bulgarian!).

When you enter there are two levels - the top is non-smoking and the bottom is not.

Favorite Dish: I ate the sarmi (stuffed vine leaves) and tarator (a yogurt-based cold soup), while AJ had a meat and potatoes dish. We also got grilled feta cheese. To drink we had juice and water. It was all excellent!

• Divaka: Real(ly good) Bulgarian food!

by osminog Written Aug 15, 2010

I went to the one at 41 ul. 6-ti Septemvri for dinner last night. I had heard that Bulgarian food really wasn't very good, so I wasn't expecting much from the restaurant. However, I had at Divaka one of the most delicious meals I've had in the Balkans (and I've been to all of the Balkan countries except Romania). Not only that, but the food is presented wonderfully; the meals do NOT look like you're only paying 5 Euros for them! And they taste just as good.

My waitress was very nice and spoke English. The service was incredibly quick. Come to think of it, the service may have been faster than any restaurant I've ever been to ... in Bulgaria, Europe, or America ... anyway, I was very pleased with everything about this restaurant.

Favorite Dish: I had a Shopska salad and Sarmi for dinner. I was worried that it wouldn't be enough to fill me up, but I was pleasantly surprised. The shopska salad had more stuff in it than usual, namely peppers and onions along with the cucumbers, tomatoes, and cheese, but it was still very good. The Sarmi were fantastic. You get four of them in an order, the size of each being roughly equal to half a sushi roll. They come covered in a tarator-ish (yogurt/garlic) sauce.

That and a beer (half a liter for 1 euro?????) made for a truly satisfying meal.

• desert_princess's Profile Photo

Divaka: Great Bulgarian restaurant in the center of Sofia

by desert_princess Updated Nov 7, 2005

Great Bulgarian restaurant in the center of Sofia

It has it all .if you feel like trying bulgarian cuisine :
    From Shkembe chorba, to zucchini with youghurt sauce and fired chicken liver.I just named a fiew of my favorites...Salads etc

Open 24h per day

• Beer Tasting

• 1.Divaka(the Wild man) and...

by Vassia Written Aug 24, 2002

1.Divaka(the Wild man) and Atelieto - these are cheap ones you'll have fun there although they are not so lustre
    2.Uno and Pri orlite - the more expensive (that means normal European prices)
    Divaka and Atelieto are cool places for young people (both have gardens and you can have fun in the way you like - unless you don't unplease other clients)You can overfill your tummy for maximum 15 leva (5 pounds)including a good quantity of alcohol .In Bulgaria small shots are50 grams and big one -100.Cheers
    Uno and Pri orlite are more luxurious.

Favorite Dish: 'Divaka' -divashki topki (wild man testicules)- meat with many spices and sauces
    'Atelieto'- try all the pancakes (fantastic sweet and salty fillings)
    Uno and Pri orlite - traditional Bulgarian meals

• chbuchie's Profile Photo

Divaka: delicious local food

by chbuchie Written Oct 28, 2005

Unlike the western style of happy grill, this place is authentic and serves local dishes only

Favorite Dish: Guts or 'tripes' , which i ate in soup and main dish

Instant Answers: Sofia

Comments

Hotels Near Divaka
3.0 out of 5 stars