Hadjidraganovite kashti, Sofia

by kashtite
  • Dabs's Profile Photo

Hadjidraganovite Kashti: Bulgarian folk themed restaurant

by Dabs Updated Jun 9, 2011

This restaurant was recommended in all three sources I was using, In Your Pocket, the Eyewitness Guide to Bulgaria and Wikitravel plus it was really close to our hotel so we went here for our 2nd dinner in Sofia. Wikitravel said it was mostly local but with any theme restaurant like this that is close to a tour group hotel like the Dedeman Princess you can be sure that it really caters to large tour groups. Besides us, there was one other table of independent travelers and at least three large tours groups.

The decor and costumes of the wait staff are traditional Bulgarian, I think there was live music in one of the other rooms with the tour groups but the restaurant is vast and they didn't come into the section we were in.

Favorite Dish: The menu is extensive, many of the dishes were on the expensive side but not obnoxiously so.
    I ordered pork knuckle with cheese and mushroom (11 lev), we started off with a cheese fritter which was really pita bread with a little cheese in it and it came out burnt. Along with dinner we ordered french fries with cheese, a very common side dish in Bulgarian it seems. David had a traditional stew, chicken and peppers, served in a clay pot. The total bill was 36 lev for the food and one beer each.

• Hadjidraganovite kashti: Exciting experience with giant "Sofra"

by kashtite Written Apr 16, 2009
    Giant Sofra in restaurant

We ordered by recommendation of waiter their new "Vovodska sofri for 6" or something like this. We were surprised by a giant wooden plate full of different and tasty food. We couldn't eat everything ! Nice atmosphere, nice music and polite staff. Go and enjoy there.

Favorite Dish: Vovodska sofri for 6

• Bulgarianjoro's Profile Photo

Hadjidraganovite kashti: This is the place that MEMORIES ARE MADE.

by Bulgarianjoro Written Sep 23, 2007

Man O Man... Tonight was the first time that my (Bulgarian) partner and I ate here. We have recently gotten home. We have not been able to stop talking about the food, the entertainment, the wine, the friends, the company. If you are looking for a clean restaurant with wonderful factors, CHOSE THIS PLACE. There is no doubt about the excellence that Hadjidraganoviti Koshti offers.
    www.kashtite.com
    Forever, the memories from tonight's dinner will live in our hearts... After enjoying great atmosphere and great food.... the couple at the next table (after giving us one NAZDRAVE) got up and danced with us.
    You will never find such a clean restaurant with such a great atmosphere. Regardless of where you are on this planet.... HADJIDRAGANOVITI KASHTI is worth the drive.

Favorite Dish: I had the Pile na Keremida (Chicken on tile) and my partner had Palneno File ot Pile Sas Sirene i Chushka (Fillet of Chicken with cheese and peppers). and to complete... dessert of CAKE WITH BRULEE.

MAN O MAN... all the food was wonderful, great BIG FAT AMERICAN PORTIONS. we had way too much food, way too much wine, way too much dessert.

Worth every single STOTINKA

• Durfun's Profile Photo

Hadjidraganovite kashti: An authentic experience

by Durfun Written Aug 23, 2006

Loved the decor, first place in my life where I saw a boar's head on the wall.

Overall it was a very intimate & warm room.

The lighting, chairs, wooden menu boards - everything added charm to this lovely place.

Favorite Dish: It would have to be my first ever experience of Mishmash, and the accompanying Shopska salad.

Great stuff!

• hekate's Profile Photo

Hadjidraganovite kashti: Traditional Bulgarian Cuisine

by hekate Written Sep 12, 2004

One of the saloons

The Restaurant Complex Hadjidraganov's Houses offers Bulgarian national cuisine and and represents renaissance houses from Koprivshtitsa, Zheravna, Melnik and Bansko.

It is a newly opened restaurant, it started work in March 2004. I went there last night for the first time and here is what I think about the place:

The food is good as well as the service. There is live music in the evenings. They play macedonian songs and they do it well but at times it gets a bit loud.

Prices are about the average. You may have a good meal for about 10 leva (EUR 5) but if you want to spoil yourself and try specialities and good Bulgarian wine the bill may get over 30 leva (EUR 15).

The place is open from 11.30 h in the morning until 2.00 h at night.

Favorite Dish: - Rodopska kaltsanitsa
    - Potatoes - village style
    - good red wines

• Childish's Profile Photo

Hadjidraganovite kashti: Hadjidraganovite kashti

by Childish Updated Jul 3, 2006

Sofia, Bulgaria, Hadji Draganovite Kashti Rest

traditional Bulgarian cuisine, with ethno atmosphere

Favorite Dish: What I tried the last time was Vetrenska Salad and Rhodophe Kebab - may be seen on the pics (thanx to Emo)

Instant Answers: Sofia

Comments

Hotels Near Hadjidraganovite kashti
3.5 out of 5 stars