rent a car, Sofia

Know about this? Rate It!

• rent a car
    by Barborina
  • rent a car
    by Barborina
    Mr travelmad478 towering over our car!
    by travelmad478
  • Car rental in Sofia Bulgaria - Best rent a car!

by Barborina Written Aug 15, 2011

Autorental Bulgaria is a small rent a car company with very friendly stuff, very good cars, affordable prices. I rented a car and went to Greece - no problems and the car was very economical! If you need to hire a car in Bulgaria contact with Autorental Bulgaria rent a car!
    Free delivery in working time in Sofia, if you need navigation, chaild seats.... I like them!

• Skiing and Boarding
    • Festivals

• hekate's Profile Photo

Yellow Rent-a-car

by hekate Updated Apr 4, 2011

Extract from the Yellow Rent-a-car site

As a whole look like an expensive option to me but I put it here so you can have it as an option. It is a relatively new company, so the cars should be new as well.

The cars they have:
    They seem to like KIA as a barnd :)
    Luxury cars - KIA Magentis
    Economy cars - KIA Rio

Preconditions for renting the car:
    - ID card / passport
    - Driving license valid for at least 12 months before using the service
    - at least 21 years of age.
    The company preserves the right to rent out cars only to drivers who had been approved by its representatives.

Prices:

7-14 days: EUR 39
    2-6 days: EUR 42
    1 day: EUR 45
    Weekend rate: EUR 99

The prices does not include VAT. You should add up another 20% for that.

The fuel is not included in the price as well. You have to pay it for yourself.

Additional Services:
    - Taking or leaving the car from Sofia from an address different than the one of the company: EUR 10.
    - Hiring a driver - EUR 15 per shift (not explaind how long is the shift).

Note:
    The site is still under construction and currently there is no English version.

• beware of sofia airport car rentals

by Belvederska Updated Sep 11, 2010

If you expect service and delivery by American car rental companies at Sofia Airport think again. My experience so far is that he people working there are either incompetent, don't care or a bunch of crooks. I had $300 stolen from a credit card I left with a Budget employee from a previous rental. Subsequently Payless told me that they don't have a car available despite that they had the reservation in their system and Alamo required a $2,000 hold on my credit card despite that the quote I had for the rental was $300. Taxis are dirt cheap in Sofia. Use those instead.

• Business Travel

• travelmad478's Profile Photo

Great rental car agency

by travelmad478 Written Oct 15, 2008

Mr travelmad478 towering over our car!

We had a great experience renting a car from the Drenikov Rent-A-Car agency in Sofia. The manager, Jeni, is a friend of a friend, and she was very helpful. We rented the tiniest car imaginable, but it was new, got great gas mileage, and bumped its way all over Bulgaria's potholed roads without incident! Drenikov has offices throughout Bulgaria. We picked up our car in downtown Sofia and returned it at the Sofia airport eight days later.

• matemix's Profile Photo

Hire a car

by matemix Written Apr 3, 2006

Hire a car? The lowest price I found is at the RENT A CAR TANY 97. I got a FIAT PUNTO at Sofia airport for less than 20 Euro a day, with no distance charge, but they ask for a deposit of 100 Euro. If everything is alright, when returning the car they will give you back the deposit. I never had any problem with them, but once they wanted to charge me some damages I didn't do and subtract the amount from the deposit. After my opposition and a short discussion with the employees the problem was resolved. Every time I need a car in Bulgaria I check TANY 97 first and, usually, they have available cars, even on sudden requests.

• DPando's Profile Photo

Moving around

by DPando Written Mar 7, 2006

My hungarian friends who studied in Bulgaria rented a car in Sofia to make a tour to Rila and the mountains around... they invited me to go with them and its was really amazing..i could see the countryside from the car Vitosha mountain closer to Sofia and we got Rila monastery... a pleasure for our senses..!!!

You can see more in Rila page

• desert_princess's Profile Photo

Rent a car

by desert_princess Written Oct 28, 2005

Local Rent a car Agency located by the "Rimskata Stena" market , on "Milin Kamuk" street No9. They might offer better prices than the "rent a car services" offered by your hotel. Call and figure out for yourself.

• Gary2920's Profile Photo

Rent from Veda Rent a Car

by Gary2920 Written Dec 3, 2004

Great Service and price, Veda Auto was the best deal I found. The company owner, Enyo, personally delivered the car to the hotel and picked it up, on time as promised. The car had a few minor flaws, but ran beautifully and was reliable with new tires and spotlessly clean. I was traveling into Romania also, requiring special documents, all completed correctly by Enyo!

Instant Answers: Sofia