happy bar and grill, Plovdiv

Happy bar & grill Plovdiv
    by alectrevor
    another winning Bulgarian salad
    by ellielou
    see it before you order it
    by ellielou
  • unaS's Profile Photo

Happy Bar & Grill: A good safe bet

by unaS Updated Aug 24, 2008

This is a local chain that I ate in once in Plovdiv and once in Sofia.
    Indoor and outdoor seating.

They advertise Italian, but I enjoyed their salads very much.
    They also serve full meals with meat as ordered.
    Had a Shepherds salad in Plovdiv that I couldn't finish and a very sweet desert. Yummy!

The coffee, like almost everywhere in Bulgaria is perfect!

Can fill up at lunch time and then customers are expected to share tables.

Lots of tourists, but also plenty of locals. Good food at reasonable prices.

Favorite Dish: Fresh salads and vegetable pies.
    COFFEE !!

Favorite Dish: The Shepherds salad was perfect.
    The desert sinfully good :)

• alectrevor's Profile Photo

happy bar and grill: Good Value.

by alectrevor Updated Sep 24, 2007

Happy bar & grill Plovdiv

Modern clean restaurant and good ambience. Food well presented and served by smart waiteresses. Reasonable prices. Menu in english and others. Inside and outside eating areas. The meal i had was Chicken chunks in cheese with fries,and 0.3 L beer cost 8 Lev [ £ 2 .78p]

Favorite Dish: Happy Bar & Grill have bars in other towns i used one in Varna.

• ellielou's Profile Photo

happy bar and grill: the local chain

by ellielou Written Oct 27, 2006

cheese pie

This is soooo not my kind of place. It's a chain. Ok, it's a Bulgarian chain, and when I saw it, I realized that I had read about it on some local Bulgarians' pages.

I don't know why I had to go.

It's the Denny's, TGIFriday's of Bulgaria, but, unlike in the US, and other places that have those horrid chains, I just somehow KNEW that there wouldn't be a local version of Sysco that dropped off the pre-made, mediocre or worse food there.

The place is a hoot, and filled with Americana: Marilyn Monroe and Elvis posters. Photos of diners and 1950s era US 'muscle cars.' Pictures of Michael Jackson, pre-too-much-surgery-turning-him-into-a freakazoid....

And, it was easy! Not only was there an English-language menu, the menu had bright pictures. (Just like the chain counterparts in the US; which I figured was for the less literate among us...)

And, in Bulgaria, you have to try really hard to get a bad meal. And, well, Happy Bar and Grill obviously didn't try hard enough. While the food wasn't great, it was fine by Bulgarian standards.

Favorite Dish: I don't remember a lot of what we had, but, of course, a good salad. I also remember good bread and very good chicken soup.

Instant Answers: Plovdiv

Comments

Hotels Near happy bar and grill
3.0 out of 5 stars