Golden Sands Warnings and Dangers

by miarcerts

Most Recent Warnings and Dangers in Golden Sands

• DO NOT EXCHANGE MONEY IN SUCH PLACES

by carmenciobanu66 Updated May 5, 2009

Do not exchange money in such offices. They simply con you. They are thiefs, in accordance with police. We were about to be tricked by them. They said the exchange rate is 1.92 leva for an euro, give us a paper to sign, and exchange rate become suddenlly 1.57. We wanted to give up, but imediatelly they become rude. We had a big argument.We ask the police help, but they were not interested, just passed, turn off their head, and said "no, no.." if you imagine this can be an answer from a police officer in 2009 in an european country!!!In the end, because they understood they can't make their point with us, they gave us the money at the exchange of 1.85(the exchange ussed everywhere there), and imediatelly they closed the office and left. Meaning, they were in a way affraid. I know we couldn't do nothing there, but I will try to find any way for they lose their job. They have to go in prison.

• johngayton's Profile Photo

3 Leva For A Small Beer!!!

by johngayton Written May 2, 2008

Give This One A Miss!

I could just about have understood it if I had been drinking an exotic imported beer or if the dancing girls had been performing but just dropping in for a Kamanitza and to put my feet up for half-an-hour!! Ha! 3 Leva for a surly waitress (who admittedly had great legs) when the place was otherwise pretty much empty I reckon was a bit OTT. Needless to say I've crossed this one off the list especially when the Metropole just up the road has a large beer for 2.50 and a guy who's serving with a smile (tho' not such great legs;).

• Beer Tasting

• desert_princess's Profile Photo

Attention erosion!

by desert_princess Written Jul 25, 2007

It has happened in the recent years , but has happened before aswell - the panorama road to Golden Sands is heading into the sea due to erosion. It is a big problem in the area and many houses are slowly migrating into the sea waters....

• miarcerts's Profile Photo

Currency Changing Con

by miarcerts Written Aug 10, 2006

Just returned from Bulgaria and even with the greatest knowledge was ripped for £20 at a Golden sands beach currency changer. Got desperate to get £100 changed to get gifts and went to one that apparenly was offering 2.84. After they took cash and asked my wife to sign ... silly I know ... they gave her 2.29 and said the 2.84 was "selling price". Please make sure before you hand over cash that its the rate for "buying".
    I decided to take a photo of the place which is on The beach promenade just in from far left of Golden sands. I tried to take cashiers photo, but after 1 minute I was approached by a by a bulgarian thug who said "NO CAMERA" and "not my problem" and left in no doubt , ( gun inside his shorts ) to leave.

Have Picture ... if anyone wants it please email as I don't want anyone else to get street mugged as we did.

Instant Answers: Golden Sands

Comments

Golden Sands Warnings and Dangers

Reviews and photos of Golden Sands warnings and dangers posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Golden Sands sightseeing.