Varazdin Restaurants

Most Recent Restaurants in Varazdin

• picek's Profile Photo

Zalogajcek: vegetarian in Varazdin

by picek Updated Oct 9, 2007

I've tried that restaurant last saturday, it was still warm and sunny and we had splendid stroll through Varazdin streets that afternoon in September. We wanted to try some vegetarian food in city and a restaurant which was opened a year ago, Zalogajcek, seemed to sound like a good place. And why not to enjoy having dinner outside in the garden after climbing up the castle walls and almost falling back to the ground where a few kind dogs and thiers owner had played... there were days of Baroquian music, city was full of neatly dressed culture people and other-kind of elite, Varazdin was full of lovely dresses of elegant ladies, really, and old gentelmen... There was even a wedding with many guests at wedding hall in the castle. All that made me somehow hungry untill evening. So we headed off towards Zalogajcek, sat down in the atrium and I ordered seitan curry with rice. My friend ordered some buckwheat cake and sataras. I'd say the food was good because I was hungry and I apreciate cooks work and their benevolent attempt to feed people. Which is always a thing to admire. On the other hand, frankly speaking, I couldn't call my food curry as it wasn't spicy at all. I'd say it was seitan gulyas instead. Therefore due my misconception of their curry I didn't get what I expected. Well, it was my fault. Instead excotic-soundish dish I'd be better off with sataras-style food which is somehow authentic in our regions. So, my next visit to Zalogajcek would be one for sataras or other local-delicacies. My friend had a nice one with healthy hard-boiled carrots and sauce.

Favorite Dish: Since I've been there only once and tried only 2 dishes... I will have to go back to check more. Sataras is ok, a bit sweet due many carrots.

• Travel with Pets

• croisbeauty's Profile Photo

"Grenadir": Gostionica

by croisbeauty Updated May 20, 2007

Gostionica (guesthouse) "Grenadir" is situated next to the Palace of Sermage family, in the old core of the town. It offers traditional local dishes at a very reasonable prices. The restaurant is very clean and offers good service.

Favorite Dish: Gostionica means "trattoria", "gasthaus" "inn", a kind of restaurant which has simple interiors but nice looking. By eating here, one spend less money than in the restaurants, enjoying in local dishes.

Gostionica Grenadir Gostionica

• "Golden Goose" don't remember the name in Croatian: Give the Golden Goose a try!!

by rfresno Written Jan 26, 2007

I must admit this is place is really worth it. Ask for the exact address at the tourism information office, they adviced us to eat there.

The staff were really kind and helpful and the food was delicious. Sorry for vegetarians, but this is the definite place to have some meat!!!

Maybe it is expensive for Croatian standards, but to be honest, I had one of the best meals ever for just 24€: 2 dishes, dessert and red wine...I am from Spain, and that lunch would cost around 45€ in Spain!!!

Not only the food is good but also the atmosphere and decoration...if you want to feel like a Middle Ages Count or Princess, this is the place to go in Varazdin...

• MedioLatino's Profile Photo

Pizzeria Domenico: Lasagne worth to try!

by MedioLatino Updated Oct 22, 2004

I finally found out the name of the little Italian restaurant in Varazdin! I had to go back to check it, but I sacrificed myself and did it! :)

The place is called Pizzeria Domenico!

Favorite Dish: Lasagne of course! :)

The little street and the entrance in the back

Instant Answers: Varazdin

Varazdin Restaurants

Reviews and photos of Varazdin restaurants posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Varazdin sightseeing.