Varazdin Transportation

Bakaèeva Ulica (Varaždin, Croatia)
    by Redang
    The old well
    by croisbeauty

Most Recent Transportation in Varazdin

• Redang's Profile Photo

By Car: How Far/How Long...?

by Redang Updated Jun 6, 2011

Baka��eva Ulica (Vara��din, Croatia)

Some road distances to Varaždin from:

- Salzburg (Austria): 414 kms.
    - Ljubljana (Slovenia): 183 kms.
    - Riga (Latvia): 1.665 kms.
    - Brussels (Belgium): 1.236 kms.
    - Madrid (Spain): 2.227 kms.

Checking the website, you’ll find more road distances together with the driving times and the best routes.

• Varazdin to Zagreb Airport by bus

by Marusevec Written Nov 26, 2008

Nov 2008 - Varazdin runs buses to Zagreb every hour or so for 69k one way. It takes about 90 minutes to Zagreb central bus stn. The airport bus leaves the Central bus Stn every 30 minutes on the hour and half-hour for 30k. AP Bus service has an English speaker to help you.

• croisbeauty's Profile Photo

How to get Varazdin

by croisbeauty Updated Dec 26, 2003

The old well

Varazdin is connected with Zagreb by newly built highway.
    Since it is only 77 km far from Zagreb you can get it easily by public transportation or by car.
    There are very frequent bus lines from Zagreb strarted from early morning to late evening.
    Finally, there exist the train connection between Varazdin and all major cities of Croatia.

• Martin_S.'s Profile Photo

The Border and Boris Story -

by Martin_S. Updated Dec 11, 2003

This is a story about Boris, a good friend who will, I hope talk to me again, but the story is too good to be kept between us and Zdenka. Boris wanted to take us to visit the castle of Trakoscan, about 20 or less kilometers from Varazdin. We left Varazdin in two cars, ours (with Zdenka guiding us) and Boris in his car. As we left town we decided with Zdenka to take a "scenic" route to Trakoscan through the forest. After about 5 kilometers Boris signaled us to pull over, and said he knows a better route to Trakoscan, so we said okay, lead the way... As we followed Boris we are not paying attention to directions, only to Zdenka and the scenery around us. After about 15 minutes, I see what looks like a toll booth in front of us and I say to Zdenka "I didn't know you have to pay a toll on the roads here". At this point Zdenka sits up very straight and says "There are NO TOLL points here, where are we??"...
    We pull up behind Boris at the toll booth and realize that we have arrived at the Croatian -Slovenian BORDER CROSSING. Boris's "scenic" route made a wrong turn somwhere. As we waited in line behind Boris (we could not turn around at this point) we saw Boris speaking with the border guard. Then we see the guard laughing and waving him on. We could only make the guards day better by pointing at Boris and declaring "WE WERE FOLLOWING HIM" as the guard breaks into laughter. They let us make a U turn and we returned to Croatia, none the worse for wear. Needless to say we did not let Boris off the hook, we asked him WHY he wanted to leave Croatia so quickly ^o^ Don't tell Boris you read this, this is a secret between you and me (oh and Zohara, Tal Zdenka, the border guard, etc.....)
    (PS: I would like to apoligise to the border guard, I hope that he has "recovered" from his fit - of laughing)
    (PSS: Boris if you read this, I apologise, but if a friend can't make fun of a friend, then who can, so I hope you will still be speaking to me after you read this, ^O^, come on now Boris you know it was funny....)

• Zoo
    • Adventure Travel

Instant Answers: Varazdin

Comments

Varazdin Transportation

Reviews and photos of Varazdin transportation posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Varazdin sightseeing.