Cavtat Restaurants

• We were the only ones there the day we were there
    We were the only ones there the day we...
    by jlanza29
    Grilled oysters !!!!! excellent !!!!
    by jlanza29
  • Restaurants
    by peterdhduncan

Most Recent Restaurants in Cavtat

• jlanza29's Profile Photo

Galija: Great food, service a bit slow …..

by jlanza29 Updated Nov 12, 2013
    We were the only ones there the day we were there

Located on the harbor front with tons of options this might be the best of them all ….. literally next to the ancient monastery. The food is excellent with great prices … the only knock on the place was when we were there …. a huge rain storm was coming down and we were the only ones there on a Tuesday afternoon and the food took forever to get. We order grill oysters that were great but it must have taken 25 minutes to get 6 oysters. Then as main plates we order grill squid and a grill sea bass …… again the food took more than 30 minutes to receive … we at the point that we were ready to get up and leave.

Now I must say …. the grilled squid with cheese stuffed inside them was excellent, excellent.

The service was friendly and English menu's are available but I would hate to be here on a busy day. We wanted a quick bite and go instead we ended up taking almost one hour and a half … not fast enough.

Restaurant Pojesdon: Restaurant Pojesdon

by peterdhduncan Updated Oct 29, 2013

Restaurant Pojesdon is situated on the corner of the main harbour. Although we didn't eat there, it was a convenient place to meet and a good place to watch the activities of the harbour, so we sat and had a drink there on a.few occasions.

Restaurant Dalmacija

by peterdhduncan Updated Oct 26, 2013

Restaurant Dalmacija is situated in the square in front of Villa Pattiera to which it belongs. We were only there for a lunchtime snack during our 2007 visit, but the service was very friendly and helpful, the food was very good and the atmosphere was very relaxed and pleasant.

We didn't re-visit this restaurant in 2013.

Restaurant Domizana: Restaurant Domizana - A Disappointment

Evening View from Restaurant Domizana

Restaurant Domizana was the nearest restaurant to Villa Fontana where we were staying, and, having read the very positive reviews on Tripadvisor, we were anticipating having enjoyable meals there.

It is very attractively situated, with tables immediately above the sea and views out to sea and along the coast. We had 2 evening meals there when the food was good (although no better than at other Cavtat restaurants where we paid slightly less). However, on the second occasion, unfortunately, there was a cacophony of noise coming from both of the nearby hotels with the restaurant’s background music trying to compete!

Early on during our stay, we had one light lunch there, which was quite expensive, and, only after leaving, noticed that there was a cheaper snack bar menu board for part of the restaurant, although that part was not separated off during the day. The menu for the snack bar area included a reasonably priced continental breakfast, and one morning my friend and I decided to go for a morning swim, followed by the continental breakfast. We arrived at the restaurant at about 10.15 to be told by the waiter that the restaurant didn't open until 11.00. This was in spite of their website saying that they are open from 9.00! We waited until 11.00, when, upon asking for the continental breakfast, we were informed with only a half-hearted apology that it was no longer available, at which point we decided to leave!!

The service during our visits varied from good and attentive to indifferent.

Ivan Restaurant: Ivan Restaurant

by peterdhduncan Updated Oct 26, 2013
    View to Ivan Restaurant (at far end)

Ivan Restaurant is pleasantly situated looking out over the middle bay. We had one evening meal there when both food and service were good. We had our meal in two parts, as, after the main course, we left to go to a guitar concert in the monastery, and we then returned for desserts and coffee.

Restaurant Ciparis: Restaurant Ciparis

by peterdhduncan Updated Oct 25, 2013

Restaurant Ciparis is a small restaurant situated beside the quiet road round the smaller of the two promontories looking out over the bay between them. We had two or three evening meals there, and on each occasion the service and food was excellent, with the owner being very welcoming and friendly.

Credit cards were not accepted.

Bistro Kabalero: Bistro Kabalero

by peterdhduncan Updated Sep 12, 2013

Bistro Kabalero is situated looking out over the bay between the larger and smaller promontories. We ate there twice. The food and service were very good and the prices were reasonable. It doesn't accept credit cards.

• The Leut Reataurant Cavtat: The Leut Restaurant. Lovely food and great service

by SarahIselin Written May 27, 2012

I found this restaurant by accident during a return trip to Cavtat.I visited several times for lunch and dinner and was impressed with the range of the menu and the quality of service each time. If you cant decide what to select from the menu discuss with the staff what it is you are in the mood for and they will create a dish to match.The quality of the food was good and presented well in an attractive way. It wasnt expensive and to sit al fresco with that view was to die for. The waiting staff were friendly and caring.They obviously took great pride in the service they offered and worked hard to create a long lasting positive memory for you to depart with.I thoroughly recommend a visit to the restaurant if you are n town. It is eay to find near the seated gentleman of the Radic monument. I will be going back for sure.

Favorite Dish: I now live inland in the UK so fresh seafood is not often on my menu. I chose simple grilled squid and salad or grilled scampi for this reason. For starters I enjoyed grandma's gnochi and seafood paperdelle too. I never made it to a dessert as I didnt want to overfilll myself and spoil what I had so espresso was my usual close to a great meal.

• bonio's Profile Photo

Karaka: Memorable visit

by bonio Written Oct 4, 2011

Cafe bar which is part of the Iberostar hotel, it's terrace is a great place to visit in the evening and a September sunset was particularly impressive for us.
    Anyway, the food was pretty good too, nothing fancy a tasty pork steak for me and egg and chips for Mrs B, a couple of cold beers to go with it, just what we wanted and I think should (or when) we return to Cavtat Karaka will be guaranteed a visit.
    Friendly, comfortable and very reasonable prices, loved it here!

• bonio's Profile Photo

Konoba Ivan: Good meal

by bonio Written Sep 29, 2011

Right on the bay, a fantastic location, with a terrace on a warm evening for us.
    Friendly service and a relaxing and comfortable evening, both enjoyed our meal - the menu is heavily fish influenced and neither of us are that keen on seafood - there are plenty of other choices though!

• antistar's Profile Photo

Restaurant Dalmacija: Restaurant Dalmacija

by antistar Written Nov 7, 2010

I didn't eat here but it was recommended. It's in a nice spot at the entrance to the harbour, and had an interesting menu, with a great wine selection. It's a bit more expensive than the average, and the locale looked comfortably stylish, without being too conservative.

• antistar's Profile Photo

Buffet Atlas: Focaccia Pizzas

by antistar Written Nov 7, 2010

A popular outside restaurant at the far end of the harbour front that features mostly pizzas of various kinds. The speciality is the focaccia pizza, which works surprisingly well. It's not amazing, but it's decent, good value and filling.

• iaint's Profile Photo

Konoba Ivan: excellent

by iaint Written Oct 23, 2009

the white veranda

I enjoyed my dinner here even although the the place had an "end of season, just about to shut for the winter" feel. Only one other table was taken and the rain was pelting down outside.

Must be idyllic on a warm, sunny evening.

Kn 175 (say £25) for starter, main course & a small bottle of white wine.

Favorite Dish: I enjoyed my squid salad and my pork medallions. Oh, and the white wine too.

• Beaches
    • Sailing and Boating

• averageyorkshirejoe's Profile Photo

Konoba Galija: Amazing food

by averageyorkshirejoe Written Oct 24, 2008

A lot reviews in the magazines and books of the restaurants in cavtat talk about Leut and Dalmation, but having eaten at the Galija 3 times i was genuinely surprised this one did not get mentioned more. It is a small restaurant at the end of the promenade next to the Franciscan monastry and church but which also has a beautiful patio area overlooking the bay, all candlelit and with a piano player. We ate here on a whim and were amazed at the quality of service and food for the price you pay, its not cheap by any means but it is not as expensive as most of the others and it certainly was as good as them, if not better. The staff were friendly and professional, the service quick and efficient and the food had such brilliant attention to detail, with care in everything on the plate, like the accompnements which are sometimes an afterthought in some places.
    I can heartily recommend the veal in a mushroom and pistachio sauce, the deer in a picante sauce and the squid stuffed with feta cheese. The scampi and pork cutlet were also lovely too. Tender meat and ample portions without being overfaced and not too fussy. the wine is also a bit more reasonable here, so if you want a romantic or relaxing meal with fine food and wine, dont listen to all the books - i think this is the best place to go in Cavtat.

• JLBG's Profile Photo

Restaurant Leut (again, in 2007!): Don't miss the lobsters!

by JLBG Updated Feb 6, 2008

Ready for lobster!

Sorry for a second tip on Leut restaurant!

Favorite Dish: We happened to be in Cavtat in 2007 on May the 31th which was the anniversary of both of us (actually, mine was one week earlier but we always celebrate them together). That was of course an opportunity to have a nice meal with a lobster. When we arrived at Leut, there was a huge one, too large for two and small ones.

We asked for a table but they said “sorry, we are booked out by a whole 150 persons group. I insisted that they could find some space on the terrace and they finally agreed (BTW the group arrived while we were almost finished!).
    As one red lobster was obviously not enough, we followed one of the Bobić brothers and had also a locust lobster. He was right and it was even tastier than the red lobster!

Of course, we had an excellent white one to wash the lobsters.

After a short rest, we drove to Mostar...

Instant Answers: Cavtat

Comments

Cavtat Restaurants

Reviews and photos of Cavtat restaurants posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Cavtat sightseeing.