Know about this? Rate It!
Take a walk in the Austrian Park
Take a walk out the Pile Gate to explore this beautiful and quiet park. You can walk up the main road and turn left at Od Graca, but the more scenic way is to walk down to the little harbour (follow the signs for Orhan restaurant), then past Orhan up Od Tabakarije (the entrance to Fort Lovrijenac is just behind Orhan as well). Go up the steps. Slightly to your right you will see a lagr eshell-shocked building with tall spindly palm trees outside. Walk towards it but turn left immediately before you reach it. You will come to a car park and the entrance to Gradac, the park, is just across the road.
The park is a little like Lokrum in minature: wooded and almost abandoned-feeling, with crisscrossing paths, old fountains, pine needles underfoot, and a lovely view out to sea. Just blow the park on the seaward side is the Dance church and nunnery, and sometimes you can see the nuns working in the garden. Apparently they ring the bell to greet passing ships, though we didn't hear this. Would be a perfect early evening walk.
- Book now for big savings!
- Hotels.com Outstanding choice of hotels all over the world at fantastic prices.
- Save money, Book now!
- Booking.com Excellent choice, Low rates
Dubrovnik Travel Guide
Explore the World
- Los Angeles Off The Beaten Path
- Iowa Off The Beaten Path
- Honolulu Off The Beaten Path
- Hawaii (Big Island) Off The Beaten Path
- Destin Off The Beaten Path
- Portugal Off The Beaten Path
- Maui Off The Beaten Path
- Madrid Off The Beaten Path
- Florence Off The Beaten Path
- Pisa Off The Beaten Path
- Puerto Rico Off The Beaten Path
- Prague Off The Beaten Path