Croatian Cuizine, Dubrovnik

• Iteris's Profile Photo

Croatian Cuizine: Excellent Food In Outdoor Street Setting

by Iteris Written Apr 3, 2005

Promotional Card

It was our first night in the Old Town and we had no idea where the restaurants were. Whilst walking around The Stradun (main street) a young chatty girl appeared and showed us a menu and told us where her restaurant was in very good english. Lured in by her charisma, we accepted and took us up a flight of steps to a parallel street which all the way down was lined with eateries. 'Konoba, St.Moritz' as her family's restaurant was called provided us with an excellent meal. Being along a narrow street the tables were all linked in a row so you sat next to other tourists, which turned out to be quite interesting.

Favorite Dish: I can't actually remember the exact dish I had but I remember we had a 3 course dinner and every aspect was delightful, as all the vegetables and meet used tasted fresh and was well cooked. The service was good too and the prices could be described as 'moderate'.

• hquittner's Profile Photo

Konoba Dundo Maroje: A Side-street Restaurant

by hquittner Written Mar 1, 2005

Feeding my fellow seer

A pleasnt clean place with Croatian cooking. We shared a mussels buzara as appetizer and then had a sauteed veal dish (like a Milanese) and a lamb shashlik (shish kebab) plus Croatian wine For dessert we had sladoled(homemade ice cream). In season they manage to have some outdoor tables in the street(alley) but I don't know how.

Favorite Dish: Croatians love to grill food, young meat (lamb and veal are in good supply and prime). Thus our main courses werequite acceptable in this konoba which has been recognized by other VTers. The precise directions are below. They claimed the ice cream was homemade but how can one tell. It WAS good! This was lunch so judge the price.

• sarah160's Profile Photo

Restaurant - Konoba " DALMATA ": THE BEST RESTAURANT IN DUBROVNIK

by sarah160 Written Nov 29, 2004

restaurant/best food/dubrovnik/croatia

THE BEST SEAFOOD & STEAK RESTAURANT IN DUBROVNIK

FAMILLY OWNED NICE RESTAURANT ,EXCELLENT FOOD ,SERVICE IS VERY GOOD, I LOVE THIS PLACE.
    PRICE IS RIGHT,5 MINUTES FROM THE BEACH IN NICE AREA OF LAPAD.
    YOU CAN ALSO TRY TO RENT THE SEGWAYS ON OUTSIDE PATIO OF THE RESTAURANT .........EXCELLENT.....

Favorite Dish: GRILLED CHICKEN BREAST STUFFED WITH CHEESE
    GRILLED FRESH FISH
    GRILLED LAMB CHOPS
    VEGETERIAN PLATTER

• Bexsy's Profile Photo

Palacinke: The best Palacinke (Pancakes)

by Bexsy Written Oct 4, 2004

We found the best place for take away pancakes. We went there each night after dinner and bought our pancakes and sat on the steps outside and chatted with the locals.
    It is situated on one of the streets off the Stradun heading up to Pireko. The shop is on the right hand side with a big yellow sign saying Pancakes in 5 languages. Ask for walknuts inside and chocolate sauce.
    They are THE BEST.

• skid127's Profile Photo

Maestoso: Adriatic Sunset

by skid127 Written Aug 11, 2004

Maestoso

The interior of the restaurant is very small, however there is a huge covered, outdoor seating area over looking the Adriatic.

Favorite Dish: The meal started off with a small glass of pear brandy. Man, that is some strong stuff. I now know what it is like to taste rubbing alcohol. I'd never had fish butter before, but it was excellent. I'm not exactly sure what I had as a main dish. It wasn't beef, pork, chicken, or lamb, so my best guess is that it was goat flavoured with garlic. Quite tasty.

• crazyman2's Profile Photo

Mimoza Restaurant: Good local food

by crazyman2 Written Jun 29, 2012

Light and airy, this restaurant was just what we were after!
    The food (fish) was great ---so tasty!
    Local wine too.

Would I go there again? Yes!

Favorite Dish: Fish.

• traveloturc's Profile Photo

Captain Restaurant: In the old city

by traveloturc Updated Mar 23, 2009

captain restaurant

Restaurant Captain offers the traditional and Dalmatian cuisine.One of the best in the area
    Multi langual waiters ,good food

Favorite Dish: Captain Grill, steaks, fresh fish, langouste, crabs and mussels

• Croatian Cuizine: Restuarant by the old harbor

by mlasov Written Oct 22, 2005

Restaurant located in bottom left corner

There is a nice restaurant right by the entrance to the old harbor from the old town square. You can sit outside, enjoy the spectacular view and try a huge bowl of the local seafood risotto.

Instant Answers: Dubrovnik