Places to eat in Dubrovnik

Mea Culpa, Dubrovnik

Most Viewed Restaurants in Dubrovnik

• All over Dubrovnik: Avoid the Italian fast food kitchen

by casymyr Written Apr 23, 2014

You will find a real lot of restaurants with pizza, spaghetti and so on in Old Town Dubrovnik. I suggest to look for the other restaurants with croatian food. You can find some dishes with similar prices like chevapcici or rasnici there, too. Otherway you will only find fast food in Croatia in a few years. And that would be a real pitty.

• Flying.Scotsman's Profile Photo

Cave Bar of the More Hotel: A drink among the stalagmites and stalactites

by Flying.Scotsman Written Jan 16, 2014

If you want to cool off with a cold drink in a cave, you can visit the Cave Bar of the More Hotel. There is a circular "room" with a partially glazed floor to view the rock formations. Even the bar itself and the bar entrance are part of the cave. They also serve coffee and snacks.

Favorite Dish: We just had a drink so we could enjoy the surroundings, but the bar and hotel both have excellent reviews from Tripadvisor.

The main bar Inside the cave Between the bar and the cave

• Flying.Scotsman's Profile Photo

Café Royale at the Pucic Palace Hotel: Coffee and cake in elegant surroundings

by Flying.Scotsman Written Jan 8, 2014

The Café Royale in the Pucic Palace Hotel does a coffee and cake offer in the afternoon for 35HRK(c4.60€). This is well worth at least one visit (we went three times!) for the atmosphere alone, not to mention the excellent cake. Very centrally located near St Ignatius Church and Dubrovnik Cathedral in the heart of the Old Town.

Caf�� Royale

Taj Mahal: Rude staff

by xaver Written Oct 31, 2013

Coming back from my trip to Mostar, I decided to try this bosnian restaurant(though the name makes you think it's indian). I went and said I was alone, the waiter told me it was full but he could find a table if I could wait a few minuts. I stopped and some people came after me and waited as well. Then the waiter starts giving free tables to people arrived after me because they were 2. After the third table which he gave to somebody arrived later than me, I decided to go and simply said goodbye. He even got mad and said I had made him waste time looking for a table for me and nearly asked me to give him a tip. A total rude guy shouting at me in the street and asking to go back and wait for my table. I guess I'll have to wait some time longer to taste bosnian food.

steps
    • Seniors

• xaver's Profile Photo

Bota oyster and sushi bar: Sushi

by xaver Written Oct 31, 2013

This sushi bar and restaurant was a few steps away from my apartment, so I decided to give it a try on a sunday afternoon. Coming here at 2 pm and finding only two clients was strange, but I decided to try anyway. I was not disappointed at all, the sushi was nice and not expensive about 5€ for rice rolls with tuna, salmon or oyster. They have also some oyster dishes which I never tried before as I am used to eat oyster raw just with lemon.

Favorite Dish: I particulary appreciated the tenpura oysters.

sushi sushi bar

Skola Buffet: Good sandwiches and cheese

by xaver Written Oct 31, 2013

This is a very small and cosy place where to eat some local cheese and ham. They have many kind of sandwiches and also some diches with some kind of different cheese and ham to taste.
    You can have a dinne paying les than 15€, definitly one of the best deals in town.

Favorite Dish: They have their home made bread and open style kitchen.

cheese and ham Skola

• xaver's Profile Photo

Oliva Gourmet: good service, ordinary food

by xaver Written Oct 31, 2013

This is a nice restaurant in one of the many small streets around the old town. I chosed to stop here as I saw they had not the usual huge menu but just a few choices that usually indicates good quality. I took a pasta with cheese and zucchini: the pasta had been too long in the boiling water and they totally forgot salt. Then I took an angus fillet which, instead was really nice. 40€ was a bit much but not far from this area standards.

pasta angus fillet

Pizzeria Castro: good pizza

by xaver Written Oct 31, 2013

This is another restaurant advertised by my house owner, Seing I was italian she soon told me where to eat good pizza, and good pasta as if I had not enough of them at home.
    Castro pizzeria though turned out to be a good tip as it was close to home and I took away pizza when I did not want to eat in restaurant.

Favorite Dish: Pizza is actually really nice, specially the vegeterian one.

vegeterian pizza

Lucin Kantun: Tapas style-finger food

by xaver Written Oct 31, 2013

I read about this place on Lonely planet guide and actually I must say they were totally right. The restaurant is very small, there is an open-style kitchen and so you can watch what the chef at work.
    The menu is not huge, thing that I always appreciate as when you cook everything, you risk to do nothing really good. Most dishes are tapas style, small portions so you can taste more specialites.
    I tried to go for dinner but it was full so I decided to go for a late lunch at 3 pm the day after, and I had the restaurant all for me.
    I had 5 different fish dishes and paid about 30€ drinking water.
    They accept credit card but, as other restaurants in the old town, they charge at least 3% more if you don't pay cash.

Favorite Dish: The best dish was the black rice which I usually don't appreciate much but it was really delicious.

black squid rice cutfish and bacon calamaro Octopus salad
    • Wine Tasting

• jlanza29's Profile Photo

Dubravka 1836: Not bad considering where your at !!!!

by jlanza29 Written Oct 16, 2013

This restaurant is literally at the entrance right next to the Pile Gate, can't miss it. And considering you are in the heavy tourist section .... the prices are fair and the service friendly with everyone speaking good english and english menu's. We both had mussels with pomme frittes and the price was good .... mussels were 50 kuna's and the pommel frittes were 15 each.

They also have a huge selection of wines and liquors ... but you will pay dearly for it. Local draft beer was 20 kuna, sister's glass of house wine was 25 kuna's.

The food was good and service was also quick.

The view is also a major selling point here.

decent and fairly priced !!!! awesome view !!!!

Kavana Festival: Another option for breakfast

by Airpunk Written Aug 31, 2013

This café/restaurant caters mostly for the guests of its own hotel, but can also be interesting for outsiders. Beside coffee, tea, juices and pastries, there is a set breakfast offer for 60 kuna (2013). This price is hard to beat in the old town, especially considering that the restaurant is located directly on the main street (Placa).

Restaurant / Café Panorama: You pay for the view

by Airpunk Written Aug 28, 2013

As you might expect, this is a rather expensive place - you pay for the view. side dishes start from 60 kuna, main dishes from around 90. Can't say anything about the quality as I didn't have any food. Still, drinks are within payable range (48 kuna for 0,33 Guinness). It's worth to sit down for a while and enjoy the view while sipping on your tea/coffee/beer/soft drink.

From the two terraces, you have a view onto the old town and Lokrum island. Behind you, there is the beautiful landscape of Mount Srd.

View from Panorama Restaurant at Mount Srd

Cele Café & Bar: Café / Bar at excellent loaction

by Airpunk Written Aug 28, 2013

Cele is a well-established place with one of the most prominent locations in Dubrovnik's old town. Located at Luza Suqare at the western end of Stradun/Placa, it is a great place to see the life in the old town's busiest street and square. You will often find musicians at Luza Square in the evening, sometimes playing on their own and sometimes organized by Cele itself. The place was established in 1932 and is one of the older continously operating places in the old town.
    Can't say too much about the food, but went some times for a beer or coffee. The menu has mostly lighter dishes on the menu like cold platters or Asian fusion kitchen.

• Airpunk's Profile Photo

Glam Café: Nice Place for breakfast - good coffee!

by Airpunk Written Aug 28, 2013

Nice little café in one of the smaller alleys of Dubrovnik with focus on cakes, juices and coffee. There are four different set breakfasts in the 50-60 kuna range, but of course you can also order items individually. Had one of the hot sandwiches with some coffee for breakfast and was more than satisfied. The place also offers a lunch menu, but it is rather small. It's obvious that Glam's strenght is breakfast and tea/coffee time.

The place is not splendid, but wins with its freindly atmosphere as well as with people who know how coffee should taste like.

Glam Caf��, Dubrovnik Glam Caf��, Dubrovnik

• Balam's Profile Photo

The Gaffe Pub: Great Place

by Balam Written Sep 18, 2012

After walking around the city and the walls we were ready for a nice cool drink! we stopped off at The Gaffe Irish Pub, Its a really nice pub with a great atmosphere. They do food although we did not eat there although they offer local and international dishes, burgers, salads, omelettes ect.

Open 10am-11pm daily

Great (4.0 out of 5.0) 4 Reviews
Valamar Club Dubrovnik
Great (4.0 out of 5.0) 2 Reviews

Instant Answers: Dubrovnik

Comments

Dubrovnik Restaurants

Travel tips and advice posted by real travelers and Dubrovnik locals.
Map of Dubrovnik