Seafood, Dubrovnik

4 out of 5 stars 22 Reviews

Me at Lokanda Peskarija
    by Airpunk
    excellent seafood pasta !!!!!
    by jlanza29
    any closer your in the water !!!!
    by jlanza29
  • DAO's Profile Photo

RAGUSA 2: MAKES ME SICK TOO

by DAO Updated May 6, 2014

BAD SEAFOOD !

The food was so bad here that I am starting to guess what happened to Ragusa 1. It had real potential. I came across this restaurant when I noticed some tables in a narrow alleyway just north and up the stair from Stradum. It looked nice inside and out, the menu look great and the staff said that a free drink came with meals. Get in there. I then made the mistake of returning that night. My service was polite and my meal was ordered. So was my bottle of local wine. Neither was good. My starter, garlic mushrooms, were ok I guess. Just a bunch of garlic sauce poured over some mushrooms. That’s about the quality of the culinary skill. I then awaited the most expensive single dish they had – a mixed seafood dish. In the meantime 2 couples I had met on an excursion that day walked by and said hello. They mentioned they had eaten here the night before. I could tell they had not been impressed.

My seafood arrived and it actually didn’t look quite right. It was all deep fried. This left the fish and langoustines tasting tough and nasty. Even the mussels had been deep fried! Who deep fries mussels in the shell? I tried to eat what I could. I did through a few pieces to a homeless cat. He walked away from it. That’s just how bad it was. I also noticed a man showing up who seemed to scare the staff. The owner maybe?

I found my meal to be the most expensive I ate in Dubrovnik and the only one that was not absolutely delicious.

The next day I saw the people I had met again. The first thing they did was ask me how my meal was at Ragusa 2. When I explained they said similar things. They didn’t want to be impolite and I had already started dining before they could save me.

So please read this tip and avoid this restaurant! They have been in operation since 1929, but with the current offering, I don’t think they will be here much longer. There are some excellent restaurants in Dubrovnik. This is not one of them.

Favorite Dish:
    Even the beer wasn't that great.

• Luxury Travel

• jlanza29's Profile Photo

Gverovic-Orsan: Excellent, Excellent, Excellent

by jlanza29 Written Nov 6, 2013
    Perfect and maybe the best I've ever had !!!!

We were staying nearby at the Radisson Blu Hotel and was recommend this restaurant about a 5 minute drive and it was perfect …. right on the bay … 1 more foot and your in the water.

The day we were there it was nice and quiet which allowed pleasant conversation with the waiter and owner who was there that day.

We took the owners recommendation and went with the grill squid … wow !!!!!! probably the best I ever had !!!! perfectly cooked and as fresh as it can get.

We also has the seafood pasta which was excellent.

Prices were fair, it's a nice restaurant. We paid 150 for the grilled squid about $21 US and the same for the pasta …wine is available by the glass …. we choose to have the house white wine …. excellent for 170 kunas … about $25 for the bottle ….

If close to Zaton Bay I recommend this place …. well worth it !!!!

• xaver's Profile Photo

Konoba Lanterna: nothing special

by xaver Written Oct 31, 2013

mitils soup

This has been the first restaurant I visited as it was advertised by my house owner. I took a soup of mitils and shrimps which turned out to be a soup full of mitils with one or two shrimps, some grilled fish and a glass of wine. I paid 30€ and I really found the restaurant to be too expensive, soon I learned that was the standard in old town.
    They do not accept credit cards.

Favorite Dish: The grilled seabass was nice, for the rest, nothing really to remember.

• jlanza29's Profile Photo

Levanat: Very, very good food and awesome location

by jlanza29 Updated Oct 20, 2013
    beautiful outdoor setting

This restaurant is worth the trek to find it. Located on the cliff side in Lapad at the very end of the pathway at the opening of the bay. The views, the food and the service was excellent and was probably the best meal we had during our week in Croatia.

The menu has everything from meats to pasta's to chicken ... but you come here for the seafood. There is a numerous amount of selection to choose from. We had the house specialty as a starter ... shrimp cooked in honey with sage .... loved it . And as a main course we choose to have the seafood platter for 2 which included 2 perfectly and delicious sea bass, mussels, shrimp, grill octopus served with potato and spinach .... outstanding !!!!!

The prices were fair .... we paid 50 for the shrimp plate .... and 250 for the seafoodd platter ... both well worth it.

Several pages of wines and drink are also available ....

We were so happy with this place we also came for lunch, but to our great surprise it was closed at the time (it was Croatian independence day) it was set to open later in the day.

The views are amazing no matter what time of day you visit.

• Airpunk's Profile Photo

Lokanda Peskarija: Good seafood with view onto the old harbour

by Airpunk Written Aug 25, 2013
    Me at Lokanda Peskarija

The restaurant is run by the same guys who own Mea Culpa, the best pizzeria in the old town. Lokanda Perkarija however is a little more upmarket than Mea Culpa, but still in an affordable range. There are around a dozen of different seafood dishes, ranging from fried fish to the black quid risotto (which I highly recommend). You get a view over the old harbour, though the tables close to the water are als close to a busy pedestrian way and some desks selling day tour. If its earlier during the day, I would rather recommend a table in the second row or further inside.

• The Sebastian Restaurant Dubrovnik: Go for lobster.

by hans.myhrer Updated Feb 9, 2010

The restaurant was recommended by the local people to serve excellent seafood. They welcome you with a compimentory drink which was a good selection of wine. The order was taken quickly but the service was a bit slow which is a kind of classic in every other restaurant in Dubrovnik. There was a big Spanish group although I was alone, but I would say, this friendly atmosphere made me feel from the family.
    The lobster was excellent, except for being to big for me and the wine recommended by the restaurant was decent. The price was not cheap but, I would say, there are much expensive restaurant in Dubrovnik with less amount/quality of food.

Favorite Dish: Lobster - I couldn`t finish it all but maybe you do...

• Women's Travel

• SabrinaSummerville's Profile Photo

Nautika: Seafood with that Certain Something

by SabrinaSummerville Updated Apr 5, 2008

Nautika is one of two highly praised restaurants in the area of the Old Town of Dubrovnik which are under the one ownership - Nautika is situated just outside the Pile Gate entrance to the Old Town, whereas Proto is within the town walls.

We had a reservation at Proto but happened upon Nautika on our evening walk and decided to dine there instead, having already seen Proto and preferring the setting of Nautika.

It is considered to be one of the best restaurants in Croatia, but I am inclined to disagree.

The setting is indeed stunning - overlooking the sea just outside the old town walls. The building itself is floodlit, as are the town walls, and so it makes a very romantic setting at night. As you enter or leave you will find yourself surrounded by courting couples lost in each others company. Inside it's a rather different story. The restaurant is designed on a Nautical theme, but as this theme is Naval it is inclined to be a little regimental. Accordingly I didn't find it relaxed or relaxing. The staff are dressed in a Naval-type uniform and the decor is in the theme of an old ship complete with highly polished wood and brass.

I found the menu interesting, if a little confusing, as it could be hard to tell which was a starter and which a main course (and indeed the prices are no indication). However, service was very prompt and very efficient.

Favorite Dish: I started with a rosette of seafood. This was a cold dish consisting of medallions of lobster, prawns, and scallops, garnished with truffle shavings and baby spinach salad. It was tasty but not really yummy, and at almost €50 a plate I won't be rushing to order it again.

My main course is a different matter. Interestingly enough, when I chose it the waitress almost warned me against it stating that it had a very particular combination of flavours that would not suit every palete. I decided to go ahead with it anyway and was so glad I did. It consisted of several little mounds of truffle garnished and scented basmati rice, scallops, diced goats cheese, and a sauce made from cream cheese and truffles. It was divine. I wish I could eat it now!

For dessert we both ate crepes suzette, which were flambeed in front of us. They were mouth watering.

The bill for two people was €300 which included one bottle of Croatian wine and two G&T's. Pricey. Plus there is one big beware - here they charge for the amuse bouche ( a prawn in seafood mousse with basil oil in this instance).

• Wine Tasting
    • Luxury Travel

• canaglic's Profile Photo

Seafood: Restaurant MIMOZA

by canaglic Written Mar 5, 2008

Restaurant Mimoza, located at Pile, just outside Old Town Dubrovnik and across Hilton Hotel, has reopened it's doors and welcomes you to a newly renovated restaurant. Over 200 seating's on our cozy terraces and 65 sittings inside enable us to also organize special dinner arrangements and events. During summer nights our guests will relax and enjoy our specialties, accompanied by Dalmatian music.

• tpk2's Profile Photo

Seafood: Dundo Maroje

by tpk2 Updated May 31, 2007

Dundo Maroje is named after the famous play of Dubrovnik’s own Middle Age playwright Marin Drzic (Whose house has been transformed into a museum. See my thing to do tips for more).

Despite it's great location right in the center of the old town, "Dundo" isn't that expensive in Dubrovnik standards. The food is good. This place is among my favorites in Dubrovnik.

Favorite Dish: The mussels I ate were excellent.

• tpk2's Profile Photo

Croatian Cuizine: Konoba Lokanda Peskarija

by tpk2 Written May 27, 2007

Konoba Lokanda Peskarija is my favorite restaurant in Dubrovnik. It’s in a great location (in the old harbor) and serves excellent food, mostly seafood. In Dubrovnik standards, the prices are cheap.

If you visit Dubrovnik out of the season, you’ll have to change to eat inside the cozy konoba. On summer, you’ll probably have difficulties even to find a table outside. It’s worth queuing for some time!

Favorite Dish: In a true konoba style, the menu is rather simple. Everything that I’ve tried in this place on my numerous visits, has been good. The cheese soaked in olive oil is definitely one of my favorites. Try also the house white wine!

• Wanda Restaurant: Best restaurant in Dubrovnik

by osana4497 Written May 4, 2007

I was there few days ago, what a great place, osso bucco was out of this world, presentation of the food is excelent. Great value for the money. I met the owner, Goran who lived and worked in best restaurants in Beverly Hillls for 15 years.

Favorite Dish: Osso bucco, linguini with clams, filet mignon, grilled mixed fish platter

• Business Travel
    • Spa and Resort
    • Architecture

• Taverna "Nava": Very good choice of fresh Fish and Seafood!

by loosehr Updated Apr 24, 2007

Nice, small tavern on quiet location near the main street in Hotel "Lero".
    Spend a pleasant evening enjoying delicious meat and fish specialities together with assorted wines and folk music of Dalmatia region.

Favorite Dish: Choice of fresh fish
    Dubrovaèka rozata

• danijelita's Profile Photo

Seafood: Captain

by danijelita Written Jul 2, 2006

I've just ordered ...

You can find in this place a realy fresh sea food and nice hoste Mr Elvis "captain" he is funny and it is nice to chat while you ordering, can't resist his charme and don't try

Favorite Dish: we had a nice fish plate for two ...delicious...

• Orhan: Disgusting

by pinkglow Written Oct 12, 2005

The Orhan is just by the main Pile gate by St Johns fort. Lovely situaiton but a rip off. How a tuna salad could be so bad I really don't know. The tuna looked like a cat had eaten it first and been sick onto my plate. Obviously they make their money selling rubbish to the tourists and don't care about quality.
    I heard one waitress in the back street of Dubrovnik snap at at an American tourist "we don't eat this stuff, we eat proper food up in the mountains". That sums it up.

• andreja20's Profile Photo

???: Fresh, delicious & affordable seafood!

by andreja20 Updated Sep 21, 2005

seafood

I can't remeber the name of this place, but it's located in the old harbour of Dubrovnik. It's famous for its delicious seafood and it's not even expensive! So don't miss it when you're in Dubrovnik!!!

Favorite Dish: Mussels and octopus salad