Know about this?
Dubrovnik & the fresh orange juice scam
A very small scam but unpleasant none the less.
I ordered a fresh orange juice at a cocktail bar in the centre of the old town and was served a cheap concentrated industrial juice with lots of ice cubes...
Price difference was 10 kuna between the two sorts, more than 1 EUR. More for the principle, I told the guy and asked to pay for what I was served, no more.
A very unpleasant waiter showed me the machine to squeeze the oranges (clean, with the pack of cheap industrial juice next to it...) and lied, pretending I could not tell the difference.
In the end, three employees circled me and asked me to pay for the more expensive stuff. As I gave up, I paid with a 200 kuna note and the waiter tried to pretend I gave only 100 kuna when giving back the change.
Funnily enough, I was offered a fresh orange juice again in another restaurant a couple of days later and as I refused, mentioning I had a bad experience with that, the guy smiled and I had the impression he knew what I meant...
More than the scam, the shameless and aggressive behavior of the employees at the bar left me with a very bad taste...
- Family Travel
- Historical Travel
- Book now for big savings!
- Hotels.com Outstanding choice of hotels all over the world at fantastic prices.
- Official Site
- Travelocity Official Site
Dubrovnik Travel Guide
Explore the World
- Virginia Beach Hotels
- Charleston Hotels
- Malgrat de Mar
- Yauco Hotels
- Phuket Hotels
- La Spezia
- New Orleans Warnings and Dangers
- Rio de Janeiro Warnings and Dangers
- Tijuana Warnings and Dangers
- Nashville Warnings and Dangers
- Milan Warnings and Dangers
- Montego Bay Warnings and Dangers
- Detroit Warnings and Dangers
- Puerto Rico Warnings and Dangers
- Port Douglas Warnings and Dangers
- Kazakhstan Warnings and Dangers
- Madrid Warnings and Dangers