Know about this?
Watch your steps!
In case of rain, walking and strolling around isn't easy, or better say, you have to watch your steps. The fact is, pavements and staircases in whole the town are made out of stone which, during the centuries, became smooth and slippery. I felt down, pretty hard, steping down the stairs when entering into the cafe-bar on Pile. After it happened the locals explained me the right way; when raining one should stand down on the stair with entie sole, not with fingers like I did!
It's only a small danger, but I was surprised that I have not read any tips about the streets in Dubrovnik Old Town, which can be very slippy. I don't know how those women do it in their stilettos, I was struggling in my sensible sandals!
- Book now for big savings!
- Hotels.com Outstanding choice of hotels all over the world at fantastic prices.
- Official Site
- Travelocity Official Site
Dubrovnik Travel Guide
Explore the World
- Pulau Langkawi Hotels
- Brimley Hotels
- Kuala Lumpur
- Cabo San Lucas Hotels
- Rio de Janeiro Hotels
- Montecatini Terme
- Guangzhou Warnings and Dangers
- Srinagar Warnings and Dangers
- Playa del Carmen Warnings and Dangers
- Philadelphia Warnings and Dangers
- Marrakesh Warnings and Dangers
- Jerusalem Warnings and Dangers
- San Juan Warnings and Dangers
- Tunisia Warnings and Dangers
- Munnar Warnings and Dangers
- Washington D.C. Warnings and Dangers
- Oman Warnings and Dangers
- Paris Warnings and Dangers