Ston Restaurants

Most Recent Restaurants in Ston

• EviP's Profile Photo

Konoba Bakus: Local

by EviP Written Jul 26, 2010

Bacus has large tables on the street which are almost always full.
    food quality is very satisfactory and stuff helpful.
    Stays open until late

Favorite Dish: As a seefood lover, I had the mussels buzara, which was very nice, only a little heavy on the sauce.

• Wine Tasting

• JLBG's Profile Photo

Kod Baće: Do not miss the oysters

by JLBG Updated Nov 19, 2009
    Kamenice na ledu (oysters)

Restaurant Kod Baće was opened in 1902 and since then is famous for its seafood.

Favorite Dish: For two, we had :
    Kamenice na ledu (oysters)
    Domaći pršut (local dry ham)
    Lignji na žaru (grilled squid)
    Skampi (large shrimps)
    Vino crno (red wine)

Everything was excellent and very fresh. We paid 338 HRK, ie 48 euros which is very reasonable.
    I love oysters and I feel these were absolutely outstanding and the best I have ever tasted.

• SabrinaSummerville's Profile Photo

Taverna "Bota Sare": The Ultimate Black Risotto

by SabrinaSummerville Updated Apr 3, 2008

As we were planning to come to Croatia, our friend Niall (who is an Irishman now living in this lovely country) promised that he would bring us for oysters en route from the airport to our hotel. That in itself sounded like a dream come true, but nothing could have prepared me for Bota Sare.

I stood outside for ten minutes or so taking pics of the stunning surroundings, old stone walls, crystal clear waters, and little boats moored alongside the dock.

When I wandered inside to join my group it took some time for my eyes to adjust to the gloomy interior. When they did adjust I was in for quite a treat. The restaurant is situated in a converted old salt store complete with stone walls and vaulted ceilings.

I sat down at a long table and a glass of delightful local white wine was poured for me. As I sipped the honey coloured liquid the food began to arrive.....plate after plate of amazing seafood.

Favorite Dish: We started with a little amuse bouche of seafood mousse, served on half a scallop shell. It was smooth and creamy and tasted of the sea.

Then followed fresh flat oysters with lemon. They slid down the back of my throat followed by that tiny trickle of seawater that accompanies the nicest freshest oysters.

We ate bowls of home made shellfish and garlic soup - one of the nicest I have ever tasted.

After that we had sharing plates of deep fried breaded oysters with dip, mixed shellfish in a local wine based sauce which we mopped up with delectably fresh crusty bread, and finally the piece de resistance.....black risotto. Ston is universally famous for this particular type of risotto which is rice coloured black by squid ink and served with a mix of shellfish. This included the rare 20 year old razor type fish that burrow into the rock and also some sort of shellfish that looks just like a small rough black stone and which is opened by locating a hole which is covered with seaweed and using it like a keyhole. Fun food and truly delicious.

After the meal we were treated to the local liqueur which was standing by our table in bottles filled with herbs and plants. It tastes like fire water, so be prepared.

As my friend paid the bill I have no idea how much this cost, but I believe it is not overly expensive. I would highly recommend it.

• Wine Tasting

Instant Answers: Ston

Comments

Ston Restaurants

Reviews and photos of Ston restaurants posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Ston sightseeing.