Vodice Travel Guide

• Vodice
    by solopes

Vodice Things to Do

by intertraveler Updated May 29, 2007

This is another place with some fantastic scenery. The all area is a nation park and there is plenty off wild life. The area as some woods and there are places for boats to be moored.

We went fishing with Pero in the late afternoon unlucky he did not catch any thing. There was other people fishing also but it was a bit windy. If we had not been fishing with Pero we would not have seen this lake.

Lake from the woods A bit windy At the end off the day

by intertraveler Updated May 22, 2007

We caught the bus from Vodice to Sibinik.
    Sibinik is situated as a port on the edge of a sea lock. The entrance to the Loch is by a narrow channel from the sea also at the entrance there is a fortified fort this would have made Sibinik safer from invasion. Also you can go thought the lock and this will take you to Kykr waterfalls and national park a nice way to see Kykr.
    Sibinik as a fort plus a lot off historic buildings, there is a market quite a few shops nice to sit on the waterfront and have a drink.

Zlarin We caught the ferry from Sibinik to Zlarin which to me is a sleepy island that has some old buildings a few restaurants and few places to stay.
    This could be interesting is you like walking.
    We stayed for 2 hours and had some lunch there before we caught the ferry back to Vodice.
    The ferry on the way back to Vodice stops at island of Prvic Luka and on the same island Sepurine.
    In all quite a nice day out and the ferry service is cheap as well.

One off Sibiniks old churchs Ferry Sibinik Fort at the entrance off the Sibinik channel Zlarin Zlarin

by intertraveler Written May 20, 2007

This as to one of the best scenic places I have seen. We went by bus but another way is by boat past Sibinic.
    The all area is massif and there are paths so you can wander and see the water falls. There are old buildings in ruins now but may have been a lot more active industrial wise in the past more sleepy now.
    There are some craft shops and demonstrations on weaving etc.

There was a boat trip to Rosi Slap included which takes about 3 hours.
    We boarded the boat at Lozovac and sailed to Visovac which is an Island were the Franciscan monks live. There is a lot off history about the island ant the monastery has a small museum.
    We then sailed to Roski Slap were there is a water fall craft shops and hand loom weaving. We stopped for some Dalmatian smoked ham cheese and bread after that we sailed back ,took about 1 hour.

The old blacksmiths One of the many falls. Monastery Visovac Rosci Slap Boat Rosci Slap

Vodice Hotels

• Hotel Punta

Complex means that you will be logging in one of several buildings spread in a large area. In this...

• Ville Matilde

These are new apartments for summer 2007. I have not stayed there but I was shown around the...

• Hotel Orion

Stablinac 2, Vodice, 22211, Croatia

Satisfaction: Poor

Good for: Families

• Hotel Imperial

In Vodice there are 3 large Hotels the Imperial Olympia and Punta. I have stayed at the Imperial and...

• Flora & Madera

• Udovicic

Blata 16, Vodice, 22211, Croatia

Vodice Restaurants

by intertraveler Written May 20, 2007

Matilda is still there after so many years and still cooking she bakes some great cakes.
    This is a family run restaurant her son Pero and his family all help to run the business.
    The restaurant has lost the garden by a extension which is better if the weather is not to good.
    They have a good choice of food and is not expensive also good to stop for a drink.

They also have Apartments and rooms for rent

The apartments are new and are to a high standard.

Favorite Dish: Cevapici ? one of my favorites spicy sausages. The home made soup is very good.
    They also have fish on the menu but the cakes are very good especially with Turkish coffee.

Matilda's Dining area

Vodice Nightlife

• Amiir's Profile Photo

by Amiir Written Apr 17, 2007

Really great club. great party, every summer it hosts some of the world best djs for example: bob sinclair, david guetta, martin solvieg, shapeshitfers, eric morillo, ian pooley, benny benassi, and many many others. for all of you party people, great place for this summer vacation.
    more info on www.hacienda.hr

The club "Hacienda" is an all-night open-air venue for 2000 people, situated just outside the city lines of Vodice, one of Croatia's biggest tourist centers on the Adriatic Sea.
    The geographical position of Vodice iz such that it allows you to reach it very easy by car, railroad, or even by air (there are two airports in the vicinity, one in Split and one in Zadar.

Hacienda Hacienda

Vodice Transportation

by intertraveler Updated May 29, 2007

If you want to visit some off the islands there may be a ferry service.
    We used it from Sibinik to Vodice and is not expensive.

Ferry

Vodice Local Customs

• solopes's Profile Photo

by solopes Updated Dec 13, 2012

While leaving town, in the morning, we were surprised by the calm, in strong contrast with the lively animation in the eve. Seeing us looking so attentively through the window, the guide announced us one building as the typical Croatian house.

Don't ask me the distinctive details. He didn't explain, I didn't notice. But all the landscape and buildings seem to follow the typical look and, if it is possible to say so after such a convulsive history, the typical architecture.

Vodice - Croatia Vodice - Croatia Vodice - Croatia
    • Beaches
    • Archeology

Vodice Warnings and Dangers

• solopes's Profile Photo

by solopes Updated Dec 13, 2012

Before leaving home I checked all the hotels, and discovered that in Sibenik area we would stay in a beach hotel in Vodice. Good! Upon arrival (this time early enough to have a swim, we went straight to the beach... I mean: to the sea shore. There was no beach, only some concrete formations by the water.

No problem I dive from one of them! But where? The water was shallow with rocks everywhere. Searching carefully I found a narrow pebble entrance that I used to enter the sea. Slowly advancing, when the water reached my waist it was time to swim. Wrong! Two seconds later my knee hit a rock, and another, and... I had to come out. But how?

Using both hands and feet I crossed the irregular rocks back inland, ending with two cuts in left hand, one in the left feet, and the knee... and in the pride...

Be careful! Look exactly where you are going to bath.

Vodice - Croatia Vodice - Croatia Vodice - Croatia
    • Beaches

Instant Answers: Vodice

Comments

Vodice Travel Guide
Map of Vodice