Bol Restaurants

outside terrace bar

Most Recent Restaurants in Bol

Caffe Bar Barka

by yumyum Updated Aug 9, 2009

The Barka is one of a couple of places by the harbour where you can sit outside, have a drink and watch the people go by. The tables had sun umbrellas. The bar itself is tiny and there is a toilet. We just had an ice tea each at 12 kuna.

Restaurant Pumparela

by yumyum Updated Aug 9, 2009

my dish

The Restaurant Pumparela is located right by the harbour and has outdoor seating only. We chose to eat there on our first night and it was yummy. The waiter spoke English and German and service was attentive and fast.

We ordered chicken (60 kuna) and veal raznjici (80 kuna) with chips. The juice came at 16 kuna and a black tea at 10 kuna.

Pizzeria Topolino

by yumyum Updated Nov 2, 2008

Pizza Bol

The Pizzeria Topolino belongs to the Hotel Kastil and has a big outdoor sitting area. Unfortunately, when we were there it was very windy and it was quite freezing to sit outside. That was a good reason to order a glass of red wine.

The Pizzeria is very popular and located at the Riva aka promenade. Of course, there are not just pizzas but a whole variety of other dishes too.

You can also order take away pizzas here.

Favorite Dish: I had a very good pizza with dried raw ham called "Bol" for 55 kuna and a glass of Pinot (0.2) for 25 kuna and a black tea with lemon for 10 kuna.

Ice cream parlour Jadran

by yumyum Written Nov 1, 2008

my ice cream

This ice cream place has some seating and a take away. We took our ice cream in a cone to take with us. Well, we didn't go very far but just sat down on a ledge by the harbour watching the boats while licking the ice cream.

Restaurant Moby Dick

by yumyum Written Nov 1, 2008

interior

On our last night in Bol all our preferred restaurants were full and we finally found this one. I didn't get the best impression when I saw the dirty tablecloth which looked like it's been on the table for several days.

We noticed that some people started a discussion when they received the bill and made an unhappy face.

The food was mediocre and therefore edible. Pizzas were not available on that day although they featured on the menu, neither was lamb which I originally wanted to order.

Sure enough the surprise on the bill were the charges for the "Couvert" at 9 kuna (more than one Euro) each.

The restaurant which is upstairs is open from 12 am till 2 am.

Favorite Dish: I opted for a chicken filet with chips (pileci odrezak) which cost 55 kuna. My softdrink/juice was 15 kuna.

• marktynernyc's Profile Photo

Vrsalovica dvori: "...small homemade food..."

by marktynernyc Updated Sep 22, 2005

The ambience isn't much - rather straight forward and modest. The food showed thoughtfulness and an assured hand. The owner/chef was personable and friendly. I ordered black risotto (very good) and scampi. The scampi were sweet and dense (though a lot of work for a little bit of meat).

Favorite Dish: My favorite dish was the black risotto - the rice was cooked perfectly, the ink added a cetain indescribable quality of flavor and depth.

• marktynernyc's Profile Photo

Ribarska Kucica: dine at the water's edge....

Ribarska  Kucica

After debating where to go for dinner - my friend and I decided we wanted to eat along the water's edge and decided to try Ribarska Kucica. The service was warm - the evening filled with laughter and the soothing sound of the waves. I started with gnocci in gorgonzola sauce with dalmatian ham. Dense - rich - warm - filling. A nice contrast to all the seafood i had been eating. For my main - whole grilled fish (dyntex, I think) - not as sweet as scorpino or light as orada - but dense and meaty. We ordered a couple pinot grigio type white wines.

Favorite Dish: Gnocci with dalmatian ham in gorgonzola sauce.

• marktynernyc's Profile Photo

Konoba Gust: lobster salad and salted sardines....

Konoba Gust

My friend and I had dinner here the first night in Bol - dalamatian ham, salted sardines, spaghetti de frutti de mare, grilled calamari. The only dud - the house wine - flavored with apples. Our next meal was for lunch - the lobstar salad was as delicious as the first time, 2 years ago. My friend had the rump steak with french fires - fantastic. I had the seafood risotto - very good. We ordered a couple bottles of Prosip Cara.

Favorite Dish: The lobster salad - with a drizzle of fresh olive oil - absolute heaven.

• marktynernyc's Profile Photo

Taverna Riva: exceptional seafood....

Taverna Riva

While I was a bit skeptical of this restaurant - concerned that it might be a bit of a tourist haunt - I was proved wrong. Almost every dish was delicious - the octopus salad, the mussels, the fish (dorado, scorpino), octopus under the bell. The only dish that didn't impress - the marinara (?), marinated anchovies - which were okay, nothing exceptional. The wines recommended were perfect. The setting along the water's edge was sublime. They also serve lunch.

Favorite Dish: For our second dinner we had 'octopus under the bell'. The octopus was so tender and cut like fillet - the sauce was wonderfully rich - the potatoes, carrots and baby eggplants were beautifully carmalized.

• BenFromParis's Profile Photo

Mobydick: Mobydick ( restaurant )

by BenFromParis Written Aug 23, 2005

Mobydick restaurant is situated near the police station, above the port. It's divided in two parts, first floor, a bar on the street and the second floor, the restaurant on a big terrasse ( you can see it on hte picture under the tree) with a wonderfull view of the port and a small church. The food was correct, especially the risotto.

• canaglic's Profile Photo

Local: Bol info

by canaglic Written Apr 2, 2003

Bol is a town that offers a rich choice of wine, smoked ham, cheese and olive oil. The restaurants in Bol can satisfy the taste of every guest with their rich gastronomic offer (local and international cuisine, original dishes from Brac and high quality wines with "Bol" - the famous red wine.)

• BenFromParis's Profile Photo

Ribarska: Ribarska ( restaurant )

by BenFromParis Updated Aug 23, 2005

Ribarska restaurant is situated on the little beach near the monastery. At this place, very romantic at night, you'll have a wonderfull and quite dinner near the sea !!

• BenFromParis's Profile Photo

Topolino: Topolino ( pizzeria restaurant )

by BenFromParis Written Aug 23, 2005

This restaurant with a BIG terrasse is situated on the port, few meters from the water. The best place in Bol for pizzas.

Instant Answers: Bol

Comments

Bol Restaurants

Reviews and photos of Bol restaurants posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Bol sightseeing.