Hvar Town, Hvar

Know about this? Rate It!

by Stine620
    by Stine620
    by travelbug102
  • KristaB's Profile Photo

Ancestors were having fun

by KristaB Updated Aug 26, 2004

Hvar under Jet Set Siege

Favorite thing: Hvar is one of those towns that simply can't have dull history. So many nomads, warriors, pirates, traders and artists visited it’s streets, it became cosmopolitan before some of today’s European cicties got sewage system.

Fondest memory: Hvar has special energy, I miss it altogether.
    But also when I'm there, I miss those days when you could actually anchor in the port and have a drink while observing this fabulous town. Nowadays, the moorings are reserved days in advance for mega yachts, whose occupants sometimes just sit there on display and ruin the view of the harbor.

• Beaches

• Stine620's Profile Photo

I ♥ Hvar

by Stine620 Updated Jul 19, 2012

Favorite thing: This is a beautiful city, residents and those who work around the anchor is the greatest very pleasant, with some exceptions of course. When walking in the city's backstreets dinner Mon. all kinds of shops, mostly jewelry stores!

The town has a romantic feel to it, beautiful restaurant located right by the water. Worth a visit!

Fondest memory: The best memory has to be on top of the fortress and just look out over Hvar town incredibly

• Cruise

• hevbell's Profile Photo

HVAR TOWN

by hevbell Updated Aug 3, 2003

Maine Square, Hvar

Favorite thing: Visit Hvar town on the island of Hvar. The picture above shows the main square in the centre of the town.

Fondest memory: I loved the relaxed pace of life here. Sitting in the little outdoor cafes by the sea and shopping at the palm tree lined market place.

I had an interesting time - given I spoke no other languages at all at that age - trying to make conversation with one of the German girls in our hotel since there were no English speaking kids my age!

We also had an interesting encounter with a live turkey. Just walking around town, near our hotel, we heard a really weird noise and looking up spotted a turkey sitting on a balcony which was little more than a lump of concrete sticking out the wall of one of the many unfinished houses! Gave us the fright of our lives!

• travelbug102's Profile Photo

Hiking on the hillside

by travelbug102 Written Jan 30, 2005

Favorite thing: Relaxed feeling. In January, we had the whole island to ourselves (at least that's how it seemed).

Fondest memory: Hiking & picnic around the hillside, fabulous views of the ocean.

Instant Answers: Hvar

Comments

Other Favorites in Hvar