Jelsa, Hvar

Know about this? Rate It!

Church in Croatia
    by jfkfamily
  • jfkfamily's Profile Photo

Learn Croatian in Croatia!

by jfkfamily Written Aug 9, 2004
    Church in Croatia

Favorite thing: You might just want to stay all day at the beach and enjoy the sun and sea, or sit in on of those restaurants on Pjaca, in the city center. But all that would be even better if you speak Croatian and can understand people around you. I took about 10 lessons and now I can hear women at the hairdresser's gossiping about Italians in their shorts. The man in the meat market can understand me and I cook what I wanted, not what he understood I needed. And so on.
    You may say, well, some of the natives speak English... All of them speak English or French or Italian, some of them even Arabic or Russian. The thing is, now I feel like at home here.
    If you come to Jelsa, you will see the advertising everywhere, it is mostly in German, about Croatian courses. The teacher is a very nice woman, who lives here. Her name is Sniejana. We started our course from basics, and now we can talk about weather, people, friends, cities and stuff like that.
    Think about it. Come back from your holiday speaking one more language.

Fondest memory: More information about Croatian courses in Jelsa you can find here

• Study Abroad
    • School Holidays

• jfkfamily's Profile Photo

Property Agency

by jfkfamily Updated Aug 9, 2004

Favorite thing: I was looking at all those houses and wondered if I could ever affort one. And I found a very good website, right here, in an Internet cafe. Those people, after you tell them your price range, show you around the houses you might like. I just took the excursion, nothing more. I don't have enough money yet, but the houses were beautiful. They got a large database of houses around the island. Have a look at:

• Business Travel

Instant Answers: Hvar

Comments

Other Favorites in Hvar