Know about this? Rate It!
The coast of Hvar is full of beautiful beaches and bays. During our stay on the island we tried to get each time to a different one and it was no problem to drive a half an hour or even an hour two times a day (in the morning and in the afternoon) to find a nice quiet bay where we went for a swim and enjoyed in a shadow reading a book.
On the southern coast of the island closest to Stari Grad is a beautiful secluded bay of Dubovica. It has a 150 m long pretty pebble beach which has a crescent shape. The bay with a mountain backdrop is dominated by the summer residence of the Kasandrić family dating back to the period from the 17th to the 19th century. On the other side of the beach is a sweet little village (more of a hamlet) with just a small church and a few old stone houses. In one of them is a small restaurant that serves drinks and delicious seafood.
This is indeed a beautiful spot and very peaceful. The sea is crystal clear and it's hard to resist not to dive into the blue waters and have a swim. You can reach it by boat or by car. We followed the new road from Stari Grad to Hvar. Soon after the tunnel there is a parking (on the left) where we left the car. From there a narrow and steep path leads down to the beach.
- Hiking and Walking
down an unmarked trail, pt 1....
The only way to reach Dubovica is down an unmarked trail. A bus ticket from Hvar Grad to Dubovica is 9kn. It takes about 15 minutes but is worth the effort. A wondeful secluded cove with a pebbled beach, one restaurant and if you want, a place to rent a room.
- Book now for big savings!
- Hotels.com Outstanding choice of hotels all over the world at fantastic prices.
- Save money, Book now!
- Booking.com Excellent choice, Low rates
Hvar Travel Guide
Explore the World
- Rajagiriya Hotels
- Isla Saona Hotels
- Reno Hotels
- Williamsburg Village
- Puerto Rico
- Tauranga Hotels
- Chicago Off The Beaten Path
- Colorado Off The Beaten Path
- Georgia Off The Beaten Path
- Boston Off The Beaten Path
- Tennessee Off The Beaten Path
- DAY TRIPS AROUND MUMBAI
- Washington State Off The Beaten Path
- Key West Off The Beaten Path
- Outside Rome
- Las Vegas Off The Beaten Path
- Texas Off The Beaten Path
- Washington D.C. Off The Beaten Path