Know about this? Rate It!
The coast of Hvar is full of beautiful beaches and bays. During our stay on the island we tried to get each time to a different one and it was no problem to drive a half an hour or even an hour two times a day (in the morning and in the afternoon) to find a nice quiet bay where we went for a swim and enjoyed in a shadow reading a book.
On the southern coast of the island closest to Stari Grad is a beautiful secluded bay of Dubovica. It has a 150 m long pretty pebble beach which has a crescent shape. The bay with a mountain backdrop is dominated by the summer residence of the Kasandrić family dating back to the period from the 17th to the 19th century. On the other side of the beach is a sweet little village (more of a hamlet) with just a small church and a few old stone houses. In one of them is a small restaurant that serves drinks and delicious seafood.
This is indeed a beautiful spot and very peaceful. The sea is crystal clear and it's hard to resist not to dive into the blue waters and have a swim. You can reach it by boat or by car. We followed the new road from Stari Grad to Hvar. Soon after the tunnel there is a parking (on the left) where we left the car. From there a narrow and steep path leads down to the beach.
- Hiking and Walking
down an unmarked trail, pt 1....
The only way to reach Dubovica is down an unmarked trail. A bus ticket from Hvar Grad to Dubovica is 9kn. It takes about 15 minutes but is worth the effort. A wondeful secluded cove with a pebbled beach, one restaurant and if you want, a place to rent a room.
- Book now for big savings!
- Hotels.com Outstanding choice of hotels all over the world at fantastic prices.
- Save money, Book now!
- Booking.com Excellent choice, Low rates
Hvar Travel Guide
Explore the World
- Tin Shui Wai
- Ramanagaram Hotels
- Jamshedpur Hotels
- Bayswater Hotels
- Captiva Island
- Isola di Linosa Hotels
- Vancouver Island Off The Beaten Path
- Sandia Mountains
- Grand Bahama Island Off The Beaten Path
- Ikaria Island Off The Beaten Path
- Ste-Anne-de-Beaupre Basilica
- Oakland Off The Beaten Path
- Cape Town Off The Beaten Path
- Jerusalem Off The Beaten Path
- Berkeley Off The Beaten Path
- Pokhara Off The Beaten Path
- Province of Ontario Off The Beaten Path
- Tofino Off The Beaten Path