Know about this? Rate It!
If you go from Hvar town towards the southern side of the island you find Milna, a small and peaceful village situated in a lovely bay with four large pebble beaches surrounded by pine forest, agaves, vineyards and orchards. Orientation to the south provides protection from northern winds and the sea is warm and crystal clear. The prettiest of all is a naturist beach. There is a path through the campsite, past the beach restaurant and over to the last beach, about 15 minutes from the village. Since we only stayed in Milna one late afternoon, when the whole beach was in the shadow, we thought we rather return to the main beach to catch the latest sun rays.
Further west on the bay there is the baroque summer residence of the Ivanić family (Matija Ivanić was the leader of the people's rebellion in 1510). Built in the 17th century, it is the most beautiful summer residence on the island. It now houses an inn.
Milna is 5 km away from Hvar and can be reached by the old road. The village which has today about 100 inhabitants was founded in the mid 20th century when the villagers of Malo Grablje (located in the interior) due to poor economic conditions decided to move to the bay where is now Milna.
Milna is a minute little fishing village with a lovely beach and the best restaurants on the island according to our host. Well I have to admitt that the restaurant we went to for lunch was just out of this world and we were treated like long lost friends
- Book now for big savings!
- Hotels.com Outstanding choice of hotels all over the world at fantastic prices.
- Save money, Book now!
- Booking.com Excellent choice, Low rates
Hvar Travel Guide
Explore the World
- Lumut Hotels
- Matola Hotels
- Noosa Heads Hotels
- Tagaytay City
- Saint Pierre and Miquelon
- Wisconsin Dells
- Ormoc City Hotels
- Florida Off The Beaten Path
- Chicago Off The Beaten Path
- Venice Off The Beaten Path
- Colorado Off The Beaten Path
- Boston Off The Beaten Path
- Tennessee Off The Beaten Path
- Portland Off The Beaten Path
- Key West Off The Beaten Path
- Las Vegas Off The Beaten Path
- Texas Off The Beaten Path
- Mackinac Island Off The Beaten Path
- Washington D.C. Off The Beaten Path