Know about this? Rate It!
High above the village of Sveta Nedjelja (Holly Sunday) there is a natural cave, huge and well hidden. It had been inhabited for thousands of years, providing a safe shelter to local people from pirates and other invadors.
Inside this cave there were shrines of worship built several times. On the picture you can see remains of the old shrines and the present chappel.
It is a demanding hike, less than one hour but you have to be careful and wear hiking shoes or sneakers. More in Travelogue
- Religious Travel
- Historical Travel
- Book now for big savings!
- Hotels.com Outstanding choice of hotels all over the world at fantastic prices.
- Save money, Book now!
- Booking.com Excellent choice, Low rates
Hvar Travel Guide
Explore the World
- Lungernsee Hotels
- Crete Island
- Baguio City
- Wequetequock Hotels
- Hammond Hotels
- San Lucas Sacatepéquez Hotels
- Border Italy/Switzerland
- Iowa Off The Beaten Path
- Rome Off The Beaten Path
- Honolulu Off The Beaten Path
- Cleveland Off The Beaten Path
- Bangalore Off The Beaten Path
- Memphis Off The Beaten Path
- Bend Off The Beaten Path
- Asheville Off The Beaten Path
- Pennsylvania Off The Beaten Path
- Arkansas Off The Beaten Path