Pakleni Islands, Hvar

• sieffron's Profile Photo

Geriatric Nudist Colony

by sieffron Updated Apr 22, 2005

The smooth, soft shore of one of the Pakleni Otoci

Hvar Town's pebble beach gets pretty crowded, so if you wanna take in the intense Dalmatian sun in a more relaxing environment, hop on one of the water taxis that heads out to the Pakleni Otoci (Hellish Islands). These are a series of small islands near Hvar Town that afford you a more restful sun worshipping experience than Hvar Town's shore. Your best bet is to find as flat a rock as possible to lay out on and focus on the clear water, rather than the many elders working on their full body tans.

• jeffmartinartist's Profile Photo

Hire a boat and have a picnic

by jeffmartinartist Written May 16, 2005

On one day in Hvar I hired a small boat grabbed some bread and tomatoes and a bottle of wine and headed off to explore some of the small islands dotted off the coast. I can’t tell you how much it cost only that I thought it fair or I wouldn’t have done it. All I can remember about the hire place is that it was in the main part of the port.

What I do remember is one of the nicest days of my four-month trip. I found some garlic growing on a small island and made bruschetta. The photo here is from that day and you can see Hvar in the background

• Stine620's Profile Photo

Stipanska, the best plase in Hvar

by Stine620 Updated Jul 29, 2012

The View

This is paradise in heaven, extremely beautiful. Both when it comes to nature around and how the eye looks. Here you will find Carpe Diem Beach Club, wow what to say than AMAZING.

We spent the first few days to go look around and went yonder on day 4 and crush us all the way instead. Wow, the food very good, we found ourselves our own little corner that was in our låpet of the residence where we had a cafe, lunch and drinks. Apart from this we were also in the sun on the loungers, here you had a couple of choices:
    1) Those at the pool, these were free online
    2) The white was down by the water they cost about 40 kuna per sunbed
    3) Those who were slightly tucked, softer and more comfortable that cost 70 kuna per sunbed

The service on the island was amazing, it was nice and this was the present service was best during the entire trip.

To get here there are many different taxi-boats, they cost about 35 kuna this applies both to and from the island, per person.

This is my favorite place in Hvar, love it!
    Hope to be back in the summer of 2013 :))

• National/State Park

• solopes's Profile Photo

Gate to the Harbour

by solopes Updated May 30, 2012

Hvar - Croatia

Standing in front of the harbour, this small islands protect it, and enrich the views from the fortress.

Being short in time we didn't go there, and, for what I read, I think that we didn't miss anything important.

Instant Answers: Hvar