Otok Brac Restaurants

Most Recent Restaurants in Otok Brac

Konoba Toni, Dol, Brac: complimentry figs and brandies in Dol

by marktynernyc Updated Apr 4, 2011

Konoba Toni, Dol, Brac

Upon our arrival in Dol at Toni's - figs and brandies were proffered to us and the owners showed us around their konoba. One of the brothers came out from the kitchen with an octopus draped over his arm and asked if we would like octopus salad as a starter. Yes we said. My friend ordered dorada and I order lamb for our mains. The octopus salad was perfect - a drizzle of olive oil, a squirt of lemon - the flesh was tender. My friend's fish was perfectly grilled - the lamb was okay. Glasses of homemade prosec followed along with figs.

• TheWanderingCamel's Profile Photo

Bol's green market: Fresh, fresh, fresh

by TheWanderingCamel Updated May 11, 2008

Just by the harbour

Whether you're looking for some cheese and salad for dinner or fruit for a snack, Bol's little green market, set out under the trees just one row back from the harbour, is the place to shop. There are a couple of supermarkets in the town, a small one near the waterfront and a larger one up the hill just off the Supetar road, but this is the place to come for really fresh produce. Local wine may be available too.

There are a couple of bakers in the town. Local people told us the one near the church, with an Albanian baker, was the best.

• marktynernyc's Profile Photo

Vrsalovica dvori: homestyle dishes in Bol...

by marktynernyc Written Oct 7, 2005

The ambience isn't much - rather straight forward and modest. The food showed thoughtfulness and an assured hand. The owner/chef was personable and friendly. I ordered black risotto (very good) and scampi. The scampi were sweet and dense (though a lot of work for a little bit of meat).

Favorite Dish: My favorite dish was the black risotto - the rice was cooked perfectly, the ink added a cetain indescribable quality of flavor and depth.

• marktynernyc's Profile Photo

Ribarska Kucica: dine at the water's edge in Bol...

by marktynernyc Written Sep 27, 2005

Ribarska  Kucica, Bol, Brac

After debating where to go for dinner - my friend and I decided we wanted to eat along the water's edge and decided to try Ribarska Kucica. The service was warm - the evening filled with laughter and the soothing sound of the waves. I started with gnocci in gorgonzola sauce with dalmatian ham. Dense - rich - warm - filling. A nice contrast to all the seafood i had been eating. For my main - whole grilled fish (dyntex, I think) - not as sweet as scorpino or light as orada - but dense and meaty. We ordered a couple pinot grigio type white wines.

Favorite Dish: Gnocci with dalmatian ham in gorgonzola sauce.

• marktynernyc's Profile Photo

Gust. Bol, Brac: salted sardines and lobster salad in Bol......

Gust, Bol, Brac

09/2005 - My friend and I had dinner here the first night in Bol - dalamatian ham, salted sardines, spaghetti de frutti de mare, grilled calamari. The only dud - the house wine - flavored with apples. Our next meal was for lunch - the lobstar salad was as delicious as the first time, 2 years ago. My friend had the rump steak with french fires - fantastic. I had the seafood risotto - very good. We ordered a couple bottles of Prosip Cara.

09/2003 - Recommended in Footprint. Had the lobster salad and salted sardines (with a slice of onion and some olive oil - delicious) for starters. For entree, the green spaghetti fruta de mare (scampi, mussels,, shrimps, clams). Had the house white. If you're in Bol and on your way to the Golden Horn this is a good choice.

Favorite Dish: 09/2005 - The lobster salad - with a drizzle of fresh olive oil - absolute heaven.

09/2003 -The salted sardines (6 kn a piece - order as many as you like) were so flavorful and dense. Along with the fresh olive oil and a slice of onion - perfect.

• Gay and Lesbian

• marktynernyc's Profile Photo

Vinoteka, Supetar, Brac: juicy mussels and tender octopus in Supetar...

Vinoteka, Supetar, Brac

We were here for lunch so crowds were minimal. The patio area looks over a leafy park - dinner in the eveing would an enjoyable affair.

Favorite Dish: I started with octopus salad - tender meaty chucks of tentacles slathered in fresh olive oil. The mussels were plump, juicy and instead of the mussels being red-orange they were pale white - the white wine broth was soaked up with some fresh bread.

• Wine Tasting

• marktynernyc's Profile Photo

Taverna Riva: excellent seafood in Bol...

Taverna Riva, Bol

While I was a bit skeptical of this restaurant - concerned that it might be a bit of a tourist haunt - I was proved wrong. Almost every dish was delicious - the octopus salad, the mussels, the fish (dorado, scorpino), octopus under the bell. The only dish that didn't impress - the marinara (?), marinated anchovies - which were okay, nothing exceptional. The wines recommended were perfect. The setting along the water's edge was sublime. They also serve lunch.

Favorite Dish: For our second dinner we had 'octopus under the bell'. The octopus was so tender and cut like fillet - the sauce was wonderfully rich - the potatoes, carrots and baby eggplants were beautifully carmalized.

• Wine Tasting

• travelbug102's Profile Photo

your private kitchen: DIY meals

by travelbug102 Updated Sep 30, 2004

wine - it's what's for dinner, er, lunch

renting a house gives you the option to do some cooking, and to go exploring in the local markets and grocery stores. here in Bol, there were a lot of breads, cheese and dried meats to choose from and a big selection of local wines (super cheap).

we enjoyed wine-tastings and dinners on our porch with a beautiful view on the Adriatic. one night we were treated to a huge electrical storm. wish i could have snapped some pics of that.

Favorite Dish: i went with pasta arrabiata. bought some bacon, garlic, olive oil, wine and crushed red peppers and mixed that up with some rigatoni pasta.

a nice change from eating out everynight, no matter how good the restaurants are.

Instant Answers: Otok Brac

Comments

Otok Brac Restaurants

Reviews and photos of Otok Brac restaurants posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Otok Brac sightseeing.