Local food, Split

Know about this?

• Local food
    by acemj
  • logandear's Profile Photo

Pipi - "Like Fanta, but better!"

by logandear Written Jul 26, 2006

Split has a local beverage that can be found in many of the cafes and restaurants around town. It's called "Pipi" and has a cute little blonde with pigtails on the front. It's absolutely delicious, and I wholeheartedly became addicted to the stuff while I was there. Also, it's pretty cool to check out the bottles it comes in. Of course many of the bottled beverages in Europe have been recycled many times and are all beat up. But those Pipi bottles take the cake. I've never seen a bottle that looks so abused you can barely see through it, until I found Pipi.

• logandear's Profile Photo

Try the lamb!!

by logandear Written Jul 26, 2006

I met many friendly people while I was in Split, and one of them suggested I try the lamb. Apparently it is something of a local favorite. Well, I wasn't expecting so much, but holy bejesus, it was fantastic!!! So folks, if you see lamb on the menu, for the love of god, order it!!

• acemj's Profile Photo

Fresh fish

by acemj Updated Mar 10, 2004

The largest city in Dalmatia, is proud of its seaside location and fishing tradition, so why not try some seafood while you're here!? I had a whole dinner that was delicious, served with a salad and bread. It's rare that your fish will come filleted, so be prepared to remove the bones on your own. My waiter told me the fish is called "Komarca" and I'm not exactly sure what the English translation would be, but I can attest to the fact that it is a tasty white fish.

Instant Answers: Split