Nightclubs, Split

Know about this? Rate It!

Night panorama of Split
    by Pounder73
  • bobuk's Profile Photo

Down by the Sea: Nightlife in Split

by bobuk Written Jun 22, 2006

The nightlife in central split (i.e around the palace area and on the front) tends to be a bit disappointing if you’re after pulsating clubs with load music and lots of meetings going on. The evenings start with sitting outside the café’s and as the evening progresses the music gets a bit louder in the bars above the café’s but never seem to really take off until people start to dwindle away between 11.00 hrs and midnight. On my first night I found this strange and a little disappointing.

On the second night I found out why.

Around the beach area (on the left side) about 15 minutes walk from the town there is some fantastic nightlife with many bars and hundreds and hundreds of beautiful women/girls. Everyone makes a beeline for this area around 11.00 or even in the early hours. The bars stay open till the morning light so you can party the night away. This explained why I saw so many people drifting off from around the centre on my first night.

For you men folk who may have too much money in your pocket there is a girly club here also called Pasha (www.nightclubpasha.com). I didn’t quite pluck up the courage to go in here.

I would say the people that go to this nightlife area are very young and any old fogies like me may well feel out of place.

Also, if you are on your own and staying in the town centre be aware and make sure you walk back with a crowd (people are walking back and forth till the early hours, so just mingle as if you are with them). There is no reason to suspect it is not safe (in fact I found Croatia very safe) but there are a few dark areas you have to walk through. Drunken people are drunken people wherever you are in the world, so best be safe than sorry.

• FRONA's Profile Photo

Nightclubs - I Love ICO: Funky and groovy

by FRONA Written Dec 15, 2003

I love Ico

Very original nice place run by two young Split guys. its quite small inside but pleanty of room on the terrace in the summertime. The interior is decorated with couches, like at home and the walls are filled with interesting paintings and photos as well as all kinds or ornaments. Photos on the wall feature the owners of the club with some of the most famous Split sport stars like Goran Ivanisevic and some football stars. The atmosphere is homy and if you are a chess lover you are always welcome to take your chances with one of the owners or locals who like to come there.

Dress Code: Any

• Business Travel

• Pounder73's Profile Photo

Getto Bar (yes, spelled this way): Jazz and House music in the Getto Bar

by Pounder73 Updated Jan 14, 2003

This was a swank little bar nestled deep in the crevasses of the palace. You might be rewarded with some deep house music and stiff drinks. One night, during the off-season, we eventually found the bar door and it was closed. We knocked, and we would not have guessed to the relatively lively atmosphere that was going on inside. The locals working were very friendly, even when the beers started to be only reserved to the locals, because of a shortage after bar curfew, but the hard stuff was flowing as long as we wanted.

And apparently, it is the spot to go to after and all night clubbing affair. Show up there 10am once you are done dancing the night away.

Dress Code: Very Casual

• O'Hara (ex Shakespeare): O'Hara (ex Shakespeare)

by Srechko Updated Feb 3, 2012

Night panorama of Split

Night club by the sea, discotheque and live music place. Last time I was there in 1990 but I hear it is still very popular. It is not conveniently located in downtown so many people miss it.

Instant Answers: Split