Bobis, Split

The Bobis close to Narodni Trg
    by tpk2
    Kremsnita at Bobis
    by sabsi
    Cakes, Kitchens, Cakes ;)
    by sabsi
  • BlueLlama's Profile Photo

Bobis: Lots and lots of cakes

by BlueLlama Updated May 3, 2008

I wish I could agree with the other VT reviews of Bobis - I wasn't too impressed!

The shops are inviting - to those with a sweet tooth like me, at any rate - with more cakes, biscuits and chocolate-covered things than you can shake a stick at. So in we went and after much indecision chose two different cakes to take away, both of which looked absolutely gorgeous.

Both, however, turned out not only to taste of very little, but to taste almost identical. Lots of (not fresh) cream and sweet sponge. Maybe we should have asked the recommendation of the very charming people behind the counters, seeing as how popular these places seem to be!

You can eat in with or without a hot drink or take away and prices are good for the big portions you get. I couldn't finish my slice. Worth trying to see a Split institution, but not wonderful.

• Bobis: Kremsnita with scenic view

by sabsi Updated Jun 27, 2007

Kremsnita at Bobis

Niksa recommended Bobis to us and as we hadn't had any Kremsnita on our trip yet we stopped in one of their cafes in the old town.

The waitress spoke next to no English and brought us the menu with a choice of oh-so-many cakes and a funny spelling mistake. We had made our choice already and ate lovely Kremsnita underneath the old walls of the Iron Gate. Gorgeous!

Favorite Dish: Kremsnita, the Croatian traditional cake with custard and cream. Yummy!

• tpk2's Profile Photo

Bobis: Great coffeehouses with good pastries

by tpk2 Written Nov 26, 2006
    The Bobis close to Narodni Trg

Bobis kavanas are a sort of institution in Split. As a local put it: "We have all been raised by Bobis" ;) These coffeehouses indeed are a nice places for having a cup of kava and grabing a bit of something to eat.

There are several Bobises in the town.

Favorite Dish: My favourite is Krempita, a cream pie.

• acemj's Profile Photo

Bobis: Good coffee and pastries

by acemj Updated Mar 10, 2004

I knew I would be arriving in Split very early and that the tourist office didn't open until 8:30am so I needed a place to relax and grab a coffee to start my day. Niksa (diocletianvs here on VT) who lives in Zagreb, but is from Split told me to stop at Bobis and grab a quick snack. There are a few of these places around town, but the one I tried (and the one in the picture) is on the Riva.

Favorite Dish: The coffee was decent and the pastry was average.

Instant Answers: Split