Pizzeria Galija, Split

Pizza Romana
    entrance
  • Galija: They cheating with the bill

by Olesi Written Sep 4, 2012

Yesterday at lunch we ordered a glass of white wine with water. In menu listed one price, the waiter brought the bill where the price was higher. To the question why, he replied that he had decided to bring us better wine. In fact he simply decided to cheat a little. The difference in bill was small, but this case left a bad feeling and the sense that you  can not  be relaxed in this restaurant and need carefully check the bill for if the waiter will decide for you how much you will pay. Be careful and attentive with the bill in this restaurant. They use this situation that you are relaxing and at the holidays and making small cheating.

Favorite Dish: Usual pizzeria

• antistar's Profile Photo

Pizzeria Galija: City Centre: Pizza

by antistar Written Sep 13, 2010

Pizzeria Galija, Split

Good pizza from a woodfired oven. Inattentive, but not rude, service. The waiters seemed more interested in having a chat at the bar than serving. I had nearly finished my dinner by the time the second requested beer turned up. I think I would have had more luck if we had been two pretty young girls.

The restaurant itself was nice, with soft lighting, wooden benches and original stone walls. But there's nowhere to sit outside on a hot summer night.

• yumyum's Profile Photo

Pizzeria Galija

by yumyum Written Sep 28, 2008

part of interior

Pizzeria Galija has the best pizza in town. At first, we couldn't find the place but we had the tourist office mark the spot on the map.

The premises are U-shaped. When you enter you first see the bar. Here people are sometimes waiting for an empty table.

Apart from pizza there are also pasta dishes available.

Favorite Dish: I opted for the pizza Romana which is one with ham. It cost 31 Kuna. The black currant juice cost 15 kuna and the small mineral water (0.2 l) 7 kuna.

• BlueLlama's Profile Photo

Galija: Popular and atmospheric pizzeria

by BlueLlama Written May 3, 2008

Pizza galore

Galija featured in so many guides as Split's best pizzeria that, in a city full of pizzerias, I really had to go and find out for myself. Don't be put off by the guidebook recommendations - Galija is extremely popular with locals as well as visitors and was heaving with customers the night I went. Most other places were quiet.

It's a lot like an Italian pizzeria, with plenty of groups of friends and families, lots of noise and bustle and a big wood oven on prominent display. You can eat in the main dining area or by the bar on higher tables. The bar is certainly best for animated conversation. The tables and chairs look like they've been handmade by the staff - very chunky and rustic!

The menu features as many types of pizza as you'd find in an Italian pizza place, with several pages of different varieties. They have slightly thicker crusts than Italian pizzas, making them very filling. Very good pizzas, and, yes, the best I tried in Split. There are a number of pasta dishes too, but everyone around seemed to be going for the pizza.

One of the best things about Galija was the service - really friendly and helpful. That made it a bit of a change from pizzerias I've been to in Italy! So go, it's the best place I went to in Split and good value for money.

Favorite Dish: The Diocletian pizza - if only for the name alone! Tuna, capers, olives, tomato. Very hearty.

• JeanLouisV's Profile Photo

Pizzeria Galija: Fantastic - perfect balance of ingredients

by JeanLouisV Written Jul 25, 2007

I used to eat at the bar; pizzas are quite traditional, but with very fresh ingredients, perfectly balanced: no too much cheese or ham, good tomato sauce... for me it is the perfect pizza.

Favorite Dish: Pizza with spinach with fresh cheese: the spinach is fresh and not bitter, and the fresh cheese beats mozarella, is tasty and totally refreshing.

• Business Travel

• acemj's Profile Photo

Pizzeria Galija: Rustic atmosphere

by acemj Updated Mar 10, 2004

My eyes proved to be bigger than my stomach when I walked into this place. Pizza sounded great, but this place doesn't serve it in individual portions. It's a whole pizza or nothing at all. The interior curves around in a U shape with the bar near the entrance. You might get a little confused looking for the bathroom. I walked into a closet thinking I had found it! I could tell you where it is, but that really wouldn't be much fun.

Favorite Dish: The shrimp and prsut (prosciutto) pizza sounded a little odd, and that is usually enough for me to pick an item off of a menu, so I gave it a try. It wasn't bad, but like I said, they don't have individual portions, so a good third of my pizza went to waste.

• tpk2's Profile Photo

Pizzeria Galija: Excellent pizzeria in Split

by tpk2 Updated Nov 13, 2006

Nice artworks in the bar

The place looks nice and the food is great. The knives are really bad, though. Consider taking your own with you ;)

Favorite Dish: Try the pršut pizza!

Instant Answers: Split

Comments

Hotels Near Pizzeria Galija
4.5 out of 5 stars