Know about this? Rate It!
Goran Ivanisevic - Wimbledon Champion
2001. Ivanisevic and those fans, plus scores of thousands more besides, were dancing again when another title came home to Split. The whole country, it seemed, came to a standstill and 150,000 were on the streets to greet him and to party with him. Goran Ivanisevic, Wimbledon champion, was home. 'Thank you for believing in me,' Goran told the multitude. 'I will remember these two days for the rest of my life. We are only 300,000 in Split but we are the biggest in the world. Brazil? Not even Brazil can make something like this.'
- Book now for big savings!
- Hotels.com Outstanding choice of hotels all over the world at fantastic prices.
- Save up to 50% off Hotels Everyday
- Expedia.com Photos, Reviews and the Guaranteed Lowest Prices
Split Travel Guide
Explore the World
- Mason Island Hotels
- Stawell Hotels
- Bartragh Sandhills Hotels
- Pittem Hotels
- Bowling Green