Sukosan Travel Guide

• Sukosan
  • Sukosan

Sukosan Things to Do

by croisbeauty Updated Oct 5, 2007

As for Dalmatia, this is atypical main square because in most of the towns or villages the parish church dominates the whole square. Another thing is atypical too, the town hall isn't situated on it.
    The main square is very pitoresque though, there is small but beautiful medieval chapel in the central position and the remains of what was city walls. The other part of the square is closed by the couple of restaurants, cafe bars and beautiful stone houses.

the main square

by croisbeauty Updated Oct 5, 2007

Besides excellent food and decent accomodation, Sukošan offers great beach resorts all over the place. The beaches, mostly pebbels, are very clean while the sea-water crystal clear and it is almost the trade mark of the Adriatic. In case you enjoy in swimming, diving, surfing or other beach activities, in Sukošan you will be on your own.

Suko��an beach resort

by croisbeauty Updated Oct 5, 2007

I am in love with the stone houses, they perfectly match with the landscape becoming a part of it. Dalmatian region is rich by the stone which is highy esteemed all over the world, in particularly stone from the island of Brac. To your knowledge, the White House in Washington DC was made out of it, but not only, great many of Venetian churches, palaces and bridges are made of it too.

stone houses

Sukosan Restaurants

by croisbeauty Written Sep 23, 2007

I can't and I wont recommend konoba Porat because both food and service wasn't in according to my expectations. This konoba is situated right behind the apartment where we stayed and it was our first choice for the dinner in Sukošan after ariving there. The ambient looks good, in accordance with the traditional Dalmatian style, but thats all what I did like here.

Favorite Dish: Although konoba was empty, the first weiter (girl) came after about ten minutes asking us what would we like to drink. I couldn't order food because she was serving drinks only. Than came another weiter (boy), bringing us drinks we ordered and taking orders for the food. We wanted light dinner, salad by octopus, which is in Dalmatia kind of test wheter the food in a restaurant is good or not. Another test is the way of making "blitva", traditional dalmatian vegetable, which I ordered aswell. Instead of octopus only, we got salad mixed with the potatoes, while blitva was of really bad taste. Even the white wine we had was of bad quality.
    The price we paid for such a dinner, something less then 200 kunas for both of us, was much too high. No wonder why this konoba had few guests only.

konoba Porat

by croisbeauty Written Sep 14, 2007

When in Italy you have to seach trattoria or osteria for good but inexpensive food, when in Croatia you just ask for konoba. Konoba "Kod Guste" offers great food in rusticaly decorated ambient which makes you feel like eating at your grandmama's home. Friendly atmosphere and great service is what you'll find here.

Favorite Dish: I adore seafood, eating it whenever it possible, but since am demanding it has to be good. Never heard for this konoba before coming to Sukošan and my pleasant surprise was that bigger. "Kod Guste" is the best konoba I've ever been and one of the best seafood restaurants I ever been to. I was in some of the best Italian seafood restaurants but none of them offers so delicious food. This konoba deserve best recommendations!
    Do not miss "crni rižot" (black risotto) as a first dish because it is absolutely superb! As for second dish I suggest you grilled Adriatic squid, which is undoubtely the best squid in the world. See for yourself and you'll know I was right. The next, same quality suggestion, is grilled orata from the Adriatic.
    Once you step inside "Kod Guste" you'll forget all other seafood restaurants, that's for sure.
    The price for first and second dish, plus bottle of good white wine cost you only 30 euros pro person.

konoba Kod Guste patio grilled squid from Adriatic Sea interiors black risotto

• Sukosan Hotels

0 Hotels in Sukosan

Instant Answers: Sukosan

Comments

Sukosan Travel Guide
Map of Sukosan