Zadar Restaurants

• croisbeauty's Profile Photo

Restaurant "Stomorica": traditional Dalmatian cuisine

by croisbeauty Updated Apr 11, 2014

restaurant Stomorica

Stomorica is Dalmatian tavern a very specific kind of restaurant which mainly offering traditional dishes based on seafood. It is situated in quarter of Varos which is working class ambiance and so is the tavern, modest and rustical but very clean. Stomorica is in a foot distance from the main square in direction of seafront (riva) of Zadar.
    The restaurant doesn't need to have a fancy look as a guarantee for good food, when in Mediterranean all you need is to trust your nose because bad food never smells good.

Favorite Dish: My wife ordered "dalmatinska pasticada", I really don't know how to translate it in english, it is big speciality in Dalmatia and very delicious dish and any foreign visitor should taste it. I ordered another speciality which isn't easy to be found in the restaurants, grilled anchovy fish, very fresh and extremely delicious. My wife ordered red wine, cuz it match with pasticada, I took white wine. The complete lunch, including espresso have cost us 250kn, which is around 40 $.

• croisbeauty's Profile Photo

Fish restaurant "Foša": Foša, next to the Lion's Gate, the best seafood in

by croisbeauty Updated Apr 11, 2014

Restaurant Fosa

Foša is small port next to the Lion's Gate, here you can find one of the most better fish restaurants in whole Croatia.

Favorite Dish: I strongly recommend this restaurant to those of you who are seafood lovers. Here you can enjoy in every day fresh fish and "frutta di mare".

• suvanki's Profile Photo

Bruschetta: Local Cuisine, popular with trendy locals

by suvanki Written Oct 29, 2013

Bruschetta Restaurant

This place was one that the owner of our apartment recommended for its good quality local food.
    We visited here on our second evening in Zadar - it took us a while to find, and we couldn't believe that we had been so close to it the previous evening.
    When we arrived at this modern looking place, it was quite full.
    We were greeted by a member of staff who asked if we had a reservation - we hadn't. He asked us to stand to one side , while he contacted another member of staff - Within a few minutes we were being shown to a table for two at an outside table at the roadside/sea view. Happy!

To be continued....

Fax +385 (0)23 312 915

• suvanki's Profile Photo

Bruschetta: Popular with locals

by suvanki Written Oct 25, 2013

This restaurant was recommended by the owner of our apartment, as a place serving local Dalmation specialities, and we also found it recommended by our Croatia Rough Guide.
    We finally found this restaurant after having to ask local shop owners for directions. Once we found it, it was quite full- we hadn't reserved a table, but after a short wait, we were shown to a table for two outside, next to the road/ sea view. Hoorah!
    The menu had a good choice of local food/ pizzas ( which I've since read are very good) etc.

To be continued with more info/ photos...

• Beer Tasting

• picek's Profile Photo

Trattoria Canzona: great gnocchi here!

by picek Updated May 22, 2012

Njok!

When it was hard to find something opened on Easter Sunday for a lunch, and market was closed too, we had walked some good deal of Zadar and found Calzona, the restaurant in shades of trees and ancient homes! It rained lots, it was quite cold so we were quite lucky to find free table inside - the place was almost full!
    I later read it gets good reviews in one particular guide I found on-line, maybe that's the reason that it gets quite crowded. Nevertheless, you can get a decent meal here at decent price, and okay service.

Favorite Dish: I have chosen their gnocchi with shreded cheese and ruccola which were good but to my dislike, they had a stripe of chocolate sauce over the dish (see photo) which in my opinion spoiled the overall taste little.
    I guess I should next time ask them not to decorate it with sweet stuff, but did I know it before?

Among other dishes they have also pizza's, lasagna, fishes.... good choice of food for both vegetarian or meat eater... and place has a lot of decoration, so when you're hungry you have something to observe while you're waiting! Ha!

• Tinel Zadar, the Mediterranean Restaurant: Good Mood and Great Food

by lasica Written May 30, 2011

The best time to enjoy Tinel is in the evening, under the candlelights. Yet, the food is great, so one can enjoy it at any time of a day. The tables extend to a narrow local street, just off the main entrance to the old town on the peninsula, that connect the old town's northern gate with the main city square - The People's Square, or the Plaza di Popoli.

Tinel is a restaurant, but also offers take-away food. You can take excellent pizza, as well as anything else offered on the menu.

Favorite Dish: Tinel's owner makes a point of enhancing the offering every year, so there could be a better dish on the menu this year, but in 2010 my favorite was beef steak with arugula.

RESTORAN "ZADAR": Beautiful view

Restoran

Another nice restaurant in Zadar. Taken care that in this city there are 2 restaurants called "Zadar", but the other one is a bit more northern and is actually caled "Zadar Jadera". Anyway, you can't miss this one because its terrasse is open to the sea and while you're eating you can also see the island Preko. If the weather isn't nice, there's a big room inside. This restaurant is also a simple bar for those who just want to have a drink.

MENU: Hrvatski, Italiano, Deutsch & English.

***Last time I ate there: 08/2007***
    ***Number of times I ate there: 1***

Favorite Dish: They have a large choice of fish and meat dishes and also the possibility to taste local cheese and salumery specialities. Otherwise, try a pizza or a salad.

RESTORAN "KORNAT": On the harbor

Restoran

From the outside, it doesn't invite you to enter, but once your inside this restaurant it seems you entered another World. The room is very well decorated and looks like a "de luxe" restaurant. Waiters are very professional (for example, if you ask for one fish, they bring you the trey and you choose the one you want). Terrasse in Summer.

MENU: Hrvatski, Italiano, Deutsch & English.

***Last time I ate there: 08/2007***
    ***Number of times I ate there: 2***

Favorite Dish: All kind of fish dishes and the white wine.

RESTORAN "FOSA": Specialising in Fresh Fish

Restoran

If it's not the best restaurant in Zadar, it's one of the first ones. When the weather is good you can eat on the terrasse in front of the sea. It's wonderful. Waiters are very professional and friendly. About the fish, it's very good.
    Restoran Foša deserves to be tasted.

***Last time I ate there: 04/2006***
    ***Number of times I ate there: 1***

Favorite Dish: All fish dishes and wines too.

• danijelita's Profile Photo

Kornat: Nice place you should visit

by danijelita Updated Apr 4, 2011

The modern local type of restaurant with a food nice taste and great service.

Favorite Dish: all the food is fresh and great cook that is a promise not a story
    during the summer is difficult to find a place so please call and make reservation...the no. is written..

street vendors: chestnuts delight

by picek Written Jan 28, 2011

keep yourself warm

Fried maroni (large chestnuts) come as excellent warm snack on a coldish pre-winter time. Take a walk in town, you'll find them at some corners during the day and not too late in night.
    Several of them by the New bridge (the illuminated construction by the secluded boat yard) where I took this photo.

Favorite Dish: Maroni - such a nice and simple, warm and tasty snack comes great at night. You'll get them wrapped in paper so you can warm up your hands and take them with you.

The only question is - were these local or Italian?

• Seniors
    • Singles

• picek's Profile Photo

Bruschetta: nicely decorated for the price

by picek Written Nov 22, 2010

designed well

In one of the ground floors, few steps from Forum, there we sat down after easy going explore of old city and its organic fair - at the Bruschetta, foreign named restaurant with renewed modern design of the place. Well, we didn't look hard to find 'nice' restaurants, we didn't follow recommendations, we sat where we saw people eating out on an average, rainy weekend, not far from the coast. We decided to try for its convenience and walking that direction anyways - towards the liceum, by the quay. Menu and prices were at first glance promising, so was the service, but then we were waiting long for lasagnas and pizzas (never come too hungry to eat, haha).

Favorite Dish: Their lasagna is good choice to eat, they have excellent vegetarian variety which feeds good one person (or two if both are not very hungry). Served in the clay pot, with seasonal vegetables. Roughly 6,25 Euro or 45 Kuna for that.

I was hoping their bruschetta and salad will be enough so I ordered; when it got served... the decoration was lovely, colorful, but there were only 2 tiny pieces of bread with chopped tomato over top, well... that's really just to make you more hungry. Bruschetta was 18 KN (2,5 Euro), 'salad with mozzarela' was 45 KN (almost 5 euro, khm...). The problem with this 'salad' is also its small size, come on! Look at the pic - four slices of tomato, cheese and ruccolla.

If you stick to pizzas, you'll do fine - just nothing special. Frutti di mare was 50 KN.

• Business Travel

• BruceDunning's Profile Photo

Rafael Konoba: An Elegant Meal for the right Price

by BruceDunning Written Jun 4, 2010

Yes, there was that much to eat

The food was fantastic, and well prepared, as well as presented nicely.

Favorite Dish: The steak with "Rafael" sauce-like Steak Diane in US, was most excellent. There was obviously so much, that there was leftovers for two more meals for us.

• marktynernyc's Profile Photo

Restaurant Zadar: watch the sun set over Zadar's archipeligo

by marktynernyc Updated Nov 17, 2006
    Restaurant Zadar

This is the only restaurant I found with outside seating along the riva, where you can catch the sun setting over the Zadar archipeligo.

Favorite Dish: The sea food salad was wonderfully fresh - the girce were lightly breaded and fried - the smoked dalamation ham was smokey and silky.

• danijelita's Profile Photo

Nostronomo: Don't miss this place

by danijelita Written Aug 21, 2006

The service is really great and the food is great prepared. The ambience is nice. It has a nice terrace.

Favorite Dish: I eat green tagliatele with shrimps. Fantastic!!!!
    my friends eat meat and they sad it was great prepared.
    You have to try desert: chocolate cake ...mmmmmmmm

Instant Answers: Zadar

Comments

Zadar Restaurants

Reviews and photos of Zadar restaurants posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Zadar sightseeing.