Brtonigla Travel Guide

• MikeBird's Profile Photo

Konoba Astarea: Try the grilled fish

by MikeBird Written Aug 26, 2008

Restaurant Name:

We'd been recommended to this small restaurant by the local lady who looks after the house we stayed in. She said it was very special and she was right. We spent our final night in the small town of Brtonigla in this lovely, warm, friendly and atmospheric restaurant. It was December 29th and cold outside but the moment we stepped in there was a terrific warmth from glowing embers of the grill on the open hearth. There were interesting local pictures and artefacts covering the walls to give the place a real community feel - we got the impression this was more a place for locals than tourists but as it was quite quiet with only about 3 or 4 other parties that was hard to be sure.

The food was really great - my wife and I really enjoyed the large, grilled Sea Bass which came with other fresh vegetables. My vegetarian son was well looked after with a special pasta dish and my young daughter enjoyed her prawns.

The owner was very friendly though I don't remember him having much English. He persuaded me to try ( for free) some of the local Grappa brandy.
    - I should have realised this could be dangerous and unless one is used to it there can be consequences. Needless to say my kids were highly amused ( or embarrassed)with their Dad having had too much to drink. I managed to walk home OK but had a very sore head in the morning.

If you're in Brtonigla this is one restaurant you really should try for yourself.

Favorite Dish: The Sea Bass were wonderful - grilled on the open hearth in front of your table - mouth watering!

Our fish being cooked!

Instant Answers: Brtonigla

Comments

Brtonigla Travel Guide
Map of Brtonigla