Opatija Restaurants

Steak and potato-Stuffed fish pastry
    by BruceDunning
    Me & Adriana talking
    by Glorija
    Polona & me waiting for lunch
    by Glorija

Most Recent Restaurants in Opatija

• Maurizioago's Profile Photo

Aquarium.: A big restaurant.

by Maurizioago Updated Mar 15, 2014

Aquarium is a large restaurant located on the main street of Opatija. It is not a nice place, but it isn' t ugly.

On the menu there is a selections of local or Italian dishes, as pizza and pasta if I remember correctly.

Favorite Dish: The first time I went there I had grilled squids with boiled potatoes. The second time I choose cevapcici ( = small meat balls) with boiled potatoes.

• Roko: Restaurant Roko

by Kovrchica Written Aug 9, 2011

It is my favorite restaurant in Opatija. It has a small terrace but it is to close to the main road so, it is better to be inside. And the interior is to sweet :)

Food :) excellent

Staff :) nice, polite, professional

Prices - reasonable

Ambiance - excellent

Favorite Dish: You must try the creamy mushroom soup .... oooo

End my second favorite is hot-could salad with see food.

• montana32's Profile Photo

svety jakov: sumptuous surroundings

by montana32 Updated Apr 4, 2011

olive tapenade canapes

this place is by far and away the best restaurant in croatia that we visited, the staff, the setting and the ambience are fantastic.
    i tried most dishes and the only thing on the menu i didnt fall for was the apple strudel,the rest was gorgeous
    plus the prices in comparison to a similar restaurant in the uk were very good i would estimat a 3 course meal with wine to be about £25 a head which for this level of cooking is great
    go there you wont be dissapointed

Favorite Dish: beef fillet with truffles was lovely,also being able to discuss the fish and pick the fish you wanted was a great bonus,and of course all the fish are landed daily in the harbour
    i had a sea bass and it was great
    speacial mention for waiter goran and maitre d' zorra

• Seniors

• Carino's Profile Photo

Yacht Club: Yacht Club

by Carino Written May 24, 2008

We walked along the coast and found this lovely restaurant called Yacht Club.

Favorite Dish: We had a risotto and a pasta dish and both were quite good. However, we also tried the house wine and that was a mistake. Never in my life I had to try such a disgusting wine... please stick to the beer...

• mircaskirca's Profile Photo

Skalinada: Household Fare, Prime Wine and Pleasing Ambience

by mircaskirca Updated Aug 15, 2007

I used to visit a little tavern Skalinada already in my student years since I've got some friends in the surrounding country. When I came back after some years I was pleasently surprised. The place was recently renovated. Interior design is handmade by Slovenian craftsman Miran Pesic who is famous for his simple lines and organic shapes.

The menu changes daily. It is made up of mediterranean dishes with the emphasis on local specialities. Food is traditionally prepared, based on ancient recipes. Local delicacies as cheese, olives, smoked ham and salamis come from different farms.

Wine card is really great, offering good quality wine from different parts of Croatia.

At the moment, website is only available in Croatian but they are working on English version, too.

Favorite Dish: From what I tried, my favourite dishes were:

- pearl barley with cuttlefish and rocket
    - black pasta with shrimps, wild asparagus and cherry tomatoes
    - chicory lasagne

Strawberry panacotta for dessert was delicious, too! And red wine Ivan Dolac 2004 (it comes from island Hvar) was just perfect to accompany the meal.

All the food was very tasteful and prepared with the greatest attention! I do hope to visit Skalinada again soon :)

• Wine Tasting

• Restaurant Le Mandrac: Award Winner

by emeraldoil Updated Dec 5, 2006

Seadfood,meat and vegetarian dishes of the highest quality are served at this award winning eatery. With the sea close to the outside tables and a spacious interior, this place has it all. It has an extensive wine list and the staff are attentive without being too much so. There are a few other nice restaurants in the area but this one is by far the best.

Favorite Dish: Didn't get to sample all that was on offer but they do a Meze style seafood feast which was my favourite.

• lauriejeanne's Profile Photo

Don't wait for this!!

by lauriejeanne Updated Oct 12, 2005

Ah-h-h-h-h

OK, I did check into the hotel first, but then I was out 'n about and eager to relax with a great Croatian beer!

Favorite Dish: I had pasta and overall the ambiance was great. Be careful because restaurants on the main drag of Opatija are quite pricy.

• Beer Tasting

• Tschuli's Profile Photo

Istranka: local delights

by Tschuli Written Sep 9, 2005

A fairly rustic restaurant we mightn't have gone to if the receptionist at the hotel hadn't recommended it. What a pleasant surprise! Very good , friendly service. We had what the waiter recommended and we weren't disappointed. Very good value for money.

Favorite Dish: steak was buttery-tender and the fish full of flavour

• matijasko's Profile Photo

Restoran Slatina: Too Expensive for low quality and quantity.

by matijasko Written Jun 26, 2005

Located right on the main "Riva", with a nice view on the water.
    But.... THe food was quite expensive, and the portions were very small. In Croatia, if you pay 10 € for calamari, you expect something well prepared, and from fresh, not frozen. Atmosphere was not great either.

Favorite Dish: Sopska salad was ok.

• novsco61's Profile Photo

MALI RAJ: ON THE WAY TO ICICI

by novsco61 Updated Mar 11, 2005

Restaurant and pansion Mali raj (Little Paradise) has a restaurant with an excellent a-la-carte menu, a terrace with a beautiful view over the Bay of Kvarner, a seaside coffee bar and it's own private beach - truly a little paradise.

It is open throughout the year.

• chicagolisa's Profile Photo

Gusto Grill: One of our best dinners in Croatia

by chicagolisa Written Jul 13, 2004

So happy after our dinner!

We stopped at the Gusto Grill originally because of the sign that said rooms. After the man at the Gusto Grill got us set up with a room with a lady across the street we were thankful. The sweet old woman told us that although she had not eaten there (??) she had heard from everyone who stayed with her that it was great.... and so we went, more as a favor to finding us a room at the last moment.

It was late and there was only one other man there drinking a beer. We sat on the picnic tables outside and had the mixed grill of fish, squid and scampi that he suggested. We had a bottle of white wine, bread and salad that was fresh. When the food came out he brought potatoes with garlic and olive oil. After not thinking much of the place when we stopped there we were thrilled at how great and affordable the place was. The man who owned the place was sweet and gave us grappa afterwards. It was our first night in Croatia and for many nights afterwards we remembered our great dinner at Gusto Grill.

Favorite Dish: The mixed grill was excellent but the potatoes with garlic and olive oil brought it all together for me. Don't skip the salad it's refreshing and light as well.

• lauriejeanne's Profile Photo

Same one as above...: And don't be in a hurry!

by lauriejeanne Updated May 5, 2003

Well after all the walking you will have had done, you'll probably be in the mood for a slow, enjoyable dinner. I met very friendly people here, both locals as well as other tourists. It really was a pleasant way to cap off a long day!

Ah, but you need more than a day to enjoy this are, so do continue on with my story under SHOPPING!

• Wine Tasting

• lorgnierl's Profile Photo

totel restaurant ISTRA tel,:...

by lorgnierl Written Aug 24, 2002

totel restaurant ISTRA tel,: +3850 51271299, fax : +385 0 51271826, just on the beach !!!!
    ......................you can also find a very good fish restaurant in VISKOVO, but no so closer from the sea :MARETINA KONOBA very good meals (fishes), typic place tel 051 256057 -Viskovo 24

• BruceDunning's Profile Photo

Zlatni: Good Locals and Friendly

by BruceDunning Updated Jun 12, 2010

Stands for name - gold

Excellent and friendly waiters-classy place at a decent price value

Favorite Dish: The steak was very good, and even had a touch of melted butter on top. They serve all good and fresh food here

• Glorija's Profile Photo

One of many: Many restaurants along the beach

by Glorija Written May 7, 2007

Polona & me waiting for lunch

U have everything you wish for just walk along the beach. From fancy restaurants to italian cruisine. From pizza to soup. From ice cream to coffe.

Instant Answers: Opatija

Comments

Opatija Restaurants

Reviews and photos of Opatija restaurants posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Opatija sightseeing.