Sports Events in Istria

• Sports & Outdoors
    beach voleyball at Slatina

Most Viewed Sports & Outdoors in Istria

by Nykaenen Updated Jan 20, 2004

That was it! No turning back.
    The only way was down....
    I loved every minute of my descent!
    Half way down I was even courageous enough to let my hands go and just hang on the safety rope! ;-)
    Trust me, the only thing you shoud fear are unsolicited pictures from the "under" perspective!

p.s. Neven actually said I had nothing to worry about as he easily captured the whole of me with his camera ;-))

Brave me :-)

by Nykaenen Written Nov 27, 2003

This is our group on top of that rock you saw on my previous photo. Since it was the first time for all of us, our trainers decided it will be more fun and less tiresome if we do the down part only. To reach the top, we used a natural path from the valley carrying all the equipment with us, but it's possible to make it by car via another route.

The view from the top was magnificent. Well worth all the scratches we earned hiking up through the bushes, not to mention sweating under hot May sun. But if you think all this sms-ing was about the view, you're wrong! The time has come to trust the rope and most of us started to chicken out, sending perhaps last sms messages in our lives as we said half-joking, half-serious. I admit I was afraid as well ;-)) It was a weird feeling knowing that you have to turn your back to the great wide open and hang on a rope from the height of 20 m. Daniel, Cedo and Neven, founders of Multisport d.o.o., who were in charge of the whole team building expedition, were splendind motivators and encouraged everyone but one girl. I bet she's very sorry now!

Possibly last sms ;-))

by Nykaenen Written Nov 27, 2003

Climbing area Dvigrad has different categories of difficulty, ranging from those for complete beginners like me to master category ones. My photo does not tell you much as I attempted to to capture the mighty rocks from the opposite hill with a broken camera. Professional climbers like it very much because the rock is very compact grey lime-stone of excellent quality. Also because there are two other climbing areas in the vicinity, Limski kanal and Punta Corente. The three combined offer more than 250 climbing routes. Optimal season includes autum, winter and spring. Summers are searing hot, but if you don't mind, you can come summer as well.

Climbing area Dvigrad

Istria Hotels

• Hotel Histria

57-71 euros per person in a double room, half board -most expensive in Pula -very big (if you like...

• Hotel Istra

This excellent hotel is situated on a separate island - Red Island or St. Andrew Island.... The...

• Hotel Neptun

Can I tell you that there CENTRAL BOOKING telephone number is:: 451 430 ?? Do use it and you will...

Top Istria Hotels

13 Reviews - 20 Photos
Anita Hotels
3 Reviews - 4 Photos

Instant Answers: Istria

Comments

Istria Sports & Outdoors

Reviews and photos of Istria sports & outdoors posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Istria sightseeing.
Map of Istria