Komiza Things to Do

In the Blue Grotto
    by Rusket
  • Inside the Blue Grotto- pics don't do it justice
    Inside the Blue Grotto- pics don't do it...
    by Avryle

Most Recent Things to Do in Komiza

• Avryle's Profile Photo

Modra Splija -or- The Blue Grotto

by Avryle Written Mar 16, 2005

Wow! I was told about a bazzilion times that I should go to the Blue Grotto but all I knew is that it was a cave and you had to take a boat to get to it. However, the boats will only run when the water is calm enough. One fine morning of my stay in Komiza, my cousin looked out the window and declared it a perfect day for my excursion. She phoned up the local tourist agency that books these things, rattled off a few sentences that included my name and "Modra Slilja" and shoved me out the door with a smile and wave.
    At the tourist office, I was given a ticket in exchange for some money (about 70KN) and I think I was instructed to meet a boat at 10:30 or 11am. At the indicated time, about 10 of us tourists loaded up and headed out to the cave.
    Something they failed to mention, or perhapse they did and I didn't understand, is that there is another charge of 20KN to get IN the cave. The initial 70KN is only to get TO the cave. We all boarded a small motorboat (the cave entrance is small) and headed inside.
    Wow! I nor any of the other tourist folks were expecting what we saw. Its pretty amazing and beautiful and photos do not do it justice.
    After our gawking and disappointment at not being able to swim around inside as the Lonely Planet guidebook seems to indicate, we left the cave to head over to the island of Bisevo for a swim. The water in the bay is nice and clear. Bring your suit and a pair of goggles to take advantage of it.

Inside the Blue Grotto- pics don't do it justice
    • Adventure Travel
    • Sailing and Boating
    • Diving and Snorkeling

• Rusket's Profile Photo

Blue Grotto

by Rusket Updated Aug 3, 2005

Komiza is the ideal starting point for a trip to the Blue Grotto. See my Bisevo page for more info and pictures.

In the Blue Grotto
    • Beaches
    • Sailing and Boating

Instant Answers: Komiza

Komiza Things to Do

Reviews and photos of Komiza things to do posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Komiza sightseeing.