Catching a bus on return trip, Plitvicka Jezera National Park

by coceng
  • coceng's Profile Photo

Scarce Buses...

by coceng Updated Aug 21, 2003

There's no danger whatsoever in Plitvice Park.

It's how to reach there & how to get to your next destination !

There's a bus stop on the main road just next to the park. There are many buses going in each direction, either to Zagreb or to Dalmatian Coast (if you want to reach there).

One warning : No matter what the time tables say, you might not find the right bus to reach your next destination especially along the Dalmatian Coast !

My advice is to FLAG EACH & EVERY BUS THAT IS GOING TO YOUR DIRECTION & ASK THE DRIVER.

You will thank me later about this. Some drivers will take you on board & drop you off at a station where you could find/take your next bus to your planned destination.

If you are lucky, yes of course you can take the bus at the bus stop I mentioned above. I stopped many buses to Split but not to Zadar.

I had to wait like 2 hours (at the bus stop) to get back to Zadar where I put my luggage.

A bus bounded for Split took me for a free ride & dropped me off at this place in Korenica (photo on the left). It's a restaurant by the road where many buses stopped for a break time between journeys.

I was lucky there because there were 2 buses to Zadar at that moment !

Plitvice-Split : 3.5 to 4 hours
    Plitvice-Zadar : 4 hours.

Good luck.

Macola Restaurant
    • Hiking and Walking

Instant Answers: Plitvicka Jezera National Park

Comments

Other Warnings and Dangers in Plitvicka Jezera National Park

View all Plitvicka Jezera National Park hotels