Slavonski Brod Things to Do

Most Recent Things to Do in Slavonski Brod

• 305907's Profile Photo

by 305907 Written May 14, 2009
    river Sava

Water, any water is our fundament at least mine and where there is no “a drop” of it I want stay for long. To me water is like tranquilizer.
    I have to admit that I prefer sea, and Adriatic Sea more than others, but any running water, no matter how big or small, lake even pond can do, oceans too.

Slavonski Brod is lying on a north bank of river Sava. It is mighty river as you can see on the photo, but I walked over it couple of times in my life even I’m just an ordinary man.
    As a youngster I walked it in ski shoes while skiing in Kranjska Gora, Slovenia. That was Sava Dolinka, a northern sister. This winter I had a chance to do the same with Sava Bohinjka, southern sister, but circumstances were different, so I didn’t but I enjoyed looking trout and ducks in almost complete frozen Bohinj Lake from the bridge were it’s transforming to the river.
    And I have walked it in my town during a couple of severest winters when it was completely frozen.

That river is now a frontier and it was a frontier for centuries before.
    To me river connect not divides us.

Walk along the bank and sit and enjoy it.

Thank you, Gloria, your efforts and kindest are inspiring.

• FRONA's Profile Photo

Very nice architecture

by FRONA Updated Nov 27, 2003

Fireman's place

Its a very nice, at least a century old fire brigade house. Its right next to the historical museuma and VELIKA CRKVA or the main church. On the photo you can still see war damage. During feast and what we call KIRVAJ or the cenebration of the local saint, this square off Velika Crkva and the firebrigade quarters is a place to be.

• Architecture
    • Archeology

• FRONA's Profile Photo

Slavonski Brod cemetary

by FRONA Updated Nov 27, 2003

Thombs

The old part of the cemetary has very nice gothic and romanic family thombs. Since it has 3 sections, you can see the old place, the orthodox graves and the new part. What usually happens on Saturday is that every family decorates their grave with flowers and candles so that it can be a pretty place on Sundays. On the other hand, it is interesting to see the Orhodox cemetary during their holiday since they sit around the graves and bring food and drinks as to accompany their ancestors.

• Architecture
    • Study Abroad
    • Business Travel

Instant Answers: Slavonski Brod

Comments

Slavonski Brod Things to Do

Reviews and photos of Slavonski Brod things to do posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Slavonski Brod sightseeing.

View all Slavonski Brod hotels