Samobor Restaurants

Popecci na Samoborski
    Pomfrit

Most Recent Restaurants in Samobor

• yumyum's Profile Photo

"U Prolazu": Kremsnita galore!

by yumyum Written Apr 22, 2007

Kremsnita

In lovley weather this pastry shop has lots of table under sun umbrellas out on the main square. This is "the" place to come and indulge yourself in the world famous "Kremsnita" which apparently was invented in Samobor.

Favorite Dish: Don't be surprised if your Kremsnita is still a bit warm. I just loved it but the locals reckon that it should be cold out of the fridge but with the amount they produce here it's just not possible. BTW, it's very different for instance to the Swiss Crèmeschnitte.

• yumyum's Profile Photo

Samoborska pivnica: Local specialities

by yumyum Written Apr 22, 2007

inside restaurant

When we went there the outside area was full so we decided to sit inside in the longish cellarlike room. The menue is in Croatian and funny enough in French. We were there on a Saturday afternoon and the place is also popular for family outings.

Favorite Dish: I ate "Popecci na Samorborski" and expected something like Cordon Bleu but I got very thin porc rolled up with ham and cheese which was very tasty and a mushroom sauce which flooded everything and was a bit on the salty side. Keep in mind when you order that if you want something else with the main dishes that you have to order side dishes too.

• Gili_S's Profile Photo

Cafe U Prolazu: Cafe U Prolazu

by Gili_S Updated Apr 18, 2006

This cafe is in the centre of Samobor. The legend says that they serve the best Kremsnita in the world and there fore people travel hundreds of kilometres just to taste the kremsnita's here. And let me just tell you, YES, it worth it.

Favorite Dish: Kremsnita

• Gili_S's Profile Photo

Coffeehouses: Coffeehouses

by Gili_S Written Nov 23, 2005

As in anywhere else in Croatia, also here the coffeehouse culture is amazing and in the city centre, you can find many coffee houses and bars. Places are open all day but on the hot summer days people will go out later in the evening after 19:00.

• ivanab's Profile Photo

Caffe bar Ara: feels like home

by ivanab Written Feb 5, 2005

It's my favouite place in Samobor, and it's situated in the centre of town. I love it especially in cold days during carnival, when it's always filled with guests trying to warm themself.

Favorite Dish: Definitely cup of coffie or the best hot chocolate ever!

• Festivals

• ???: KREMŠNITA KREMŠNITA KREMŠNITA

by sabsi Written Dec 19, 2004

Niksa and our local guide, Zdenka

I had my 765th Kremsnita (not a bad quota after 2.5 days in Croatia ;) in Samobor - the place where it is originally from. It was as tasty as the 764 before.

The café was a nice place to warm up after too much bus-waiting and picture-taking in the cold.

Favorite Dish: Well.... guess ;)

• IngaA's Profile Photo

bar at the centre: Don't miss kremsnite!

by IngaA Written Feb 24, 2004

Zdenka and I enjoying kremsnite

Town centre is full of sweet bars and I bet you'll find smth for you easily.

Favorite Dish: Kremsnite is a local Croatian dessert. It indeed reminded me the cake "Napoleon" of my mother, quite similar. And of course delicious. A bit too sweet for me but I'm not too big fan of sweets, that's the point.
    Definitely try it. It's unpardonnable omission, if you don't.

• Chez Zdenka: AS LOCAL AS IT CAN GET

by sabsi Updated Dec 19, 2004

Chez Zdenka (Z., please keep the tiles!)

Zdenka invited us to see her new home so of course we went there. What a nice evening, us girls could concentrate on talking while Niksa prepared the pancakes for us.

Favorite Dish: Pancakes and Laughs.

• Any Restaurant: Try this, its traditional

by VernonA Written Aug 19, 2003
    The Cake

I forget the names, but any will do.

Favorite Dish: I forget the name of this cake, but its a "must try" when there. Do what I did. Heard about, saw it on somones plate and said, "one of those please".

Instant Answers: Samobor

Comments

Samobor Restaurants

Reviews and photos of Samobor restaurants posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Samobor sightseeing.