Stores, Malls or Markets in Zagreb Region

Dolac - view from a skycraper
  • Local craft
  • Local craft

Most Viewed Shopping in Zagreb Region

• Krumlovgirl's Profile Photo

Colored Eggs

by Krumlovgirl Written Jan 13, 2005

What to buy: One of my favorite things to buy in Zagreb (or anywhere in Croatia for that matter) are colored, decorated eggs. I collect them and in the U.S. they are usually hard to find and expensive once you do. In Zagreb, you can find them in abundance at any one of the outdoor markets. Some of them are porcelain, some are plaster of paris, and some are cloth. I prefer the real eggs that have been hollowed out by poking a hole through them and blowing out the yolk. (Not as easy as it sounds.) You can't find any two alike, which is what makes them original. I usually pay around $2 for one, although the really detailed ones can go up to $10. For the real eggs, I buy plastic, cylinder containers at home before I leave for my trip and then place them gently inside. They're incredibly fragile and break easily.

Zagreb Region Hotels

• Regent Esplanade Hotel

We stayed here from 30 Dec 2011 to 1 January 2012. This is truly an excellent hotel. Staff and...

• Hotel Livadic

I was fortunate to be hosted by one of my best VT friends. However, I needed plan B as I am...

• Dream Hotel

69 Reviews - 206 Photos
Hudi Bitek Hotels
13 Reviews - 47 Photos

Instant Answers: Zagreb Region

Comments

Zagreb Region Shopping

Reviews and photos of Zagreb Region shopping posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Zagreb Region sightseeing.
Map of Zagreb Region