Nightclubs and bars in Zagreb

Most Viewed Nightlife in Zagreb

• Ava.C.'s Profile Photo

Lake Jarun: Best clubs

by Ava.C. Written Apr 18, 2012

The best Clubs in Zagreb are definitely on lake Jarun. You have series of clubs one after another all of them have different type of music to. They are fancy and cool. Jarun is bit out of the city center so if you want to stay in the city go to Saloon and Hemingway they are on Tuscanac.

• picek's Profile Photo

Brazil, Sidro and Papillon: by Sava river, very late...

by picek Written Sep 23, 2008

These are 3 different places, 3 former rafts that were turned into club/bars right by the Sava river in Zagreb and are all very close to eachother. Sidro has been closed recently and I didn't get information whether or not they re-opened it already, while the other two stay open well into the night (with Papillon almost untill morning). These are nice wooden buildings and they play mostly rock music, not much mainstream stuff, though. Since the places are quite small they can get crowded on weekends. Good atmosphere and ok prices.

Dress Code: no dress code

• Music

• loonytoon01's Profile Photo

Mochvara: Alternative places 2-Mochvara

by loonytoon01 Updated Mar 27, 2008

This is an institution in Zagreb's "alternative" circles. Mocvara (Swamp) is a Club Associations for the Development of Culture (rough translation of KLUB UDRUŽENJA ZA RAZVOJ KULTURE (URK)) and it does have everything from poetry nights to independent movies to various music nights and concerts. The list of bands that play(ed) here over the years is too long but to give you an overview of the place and its music I'll mention some: UK Subs, Dub Syndicate, Zion Train, The New York Ska Jazz Ensemble, Darkwood Dub, Twilight Circus Dub Soundsystem, Sofa Surfers, Laibach, etc. The music covers a wide selection of "alternative" (whatever that means) sounds and we are happy that a place like this exists in the "age of fancy lounge bars". Check their listing on www.mochvara.hr and yeah, it's solely in Croatian.
    Their programme can also be found on www.inzg.net as it has English version so it's easier to navigate.
    P.S. I have to announce, with great regret, that Mocvara will close on the 11/05/2008 because Zagreb city government is unwilling to sort out its contracts and to allows Mocvara to function properly. This will be a loss to all people who like Alternative places and Culture.

Dress Code: Whatever. Depends on the night. Never seen no one either elegant or stylish (in a fancy-schmancy kind of way).

• Study Abroad

• loonytoon01's Profile Photo

KSET: Alternative places 1- Kset

by loonytoon01 Updated Nov 21, 2007

This is a small club run by FER students (Faculty of Electrical Engineering and Computing). And for those in search of a glitzy, air conditioned place to go- this is a definite no. But for those in search of good music, cheap beer (nothing much else is served) and laid back atmosphere for young (and those who feel young) this is definitely a place to visit. They have a listing of all events updated constantly on www.kset.org. The site is solely in Croatian but you can find your way around this problem as e.g. Koncert is a Concert (how brilliantly obvious) and Slusaonica means a nite dedicated to whatever band is listed (not a live concert). Tickets are normally approx 10KN (for slusaonica) and 30-50KN (concerts, DJs, etc.). Some great musicians have played in this little club and they do keep coming back although this is probably the smallest place they played in since before they became "famous".

Dress Code: "Cool" student look.

• Study Abroad

• Marina_tom's Profile Photo

School (Skola): Restaurant & Lounge bar

by Marina_tom Written Nov 24, 2006

Nice place for eating and drinking and listening easy music on 2 floors. It's good for having a "quiet" evening. On their web page you can check their schedule. I can't tell you about the food because I tried only cakes (and that was good-tiramisu and chocolate mousse). Prices are average like in other Zagreb's lounge bars.

Pics are taken with my mobile phone..

• Tasia's Profile Photo

Police station: Smell of freedom

by Tasia Written Mar 29, 2006

That was the most horrible travelling experience which i had throught teh all my life!
    I still can't believe that it happend to me!
    I decided to go for a weekend to Croatia, and as far as i know Belorussians don't need a visa if they have a voucher or a reservation from teh hotel.I got in the contry withought any problems.The most funny things started to appear in the evening, when 2 policemen came and took me like a criminal to the police station, i was shoked.They provide the wrong information to my friends and gave them the wrong address and phone number of that police station.I guess it was made in a purpose.They lied all the time!I was scarried.I sit togeather with criminals from 21.00 untill 1.30 withought detiled explanation, untill the translator came.This hours were like internity for me.
    After the translator came I had a convirsation, if i can name that in such a friendly way with policeman.I was told that next day they would jadge me in their court!!!!!I was shoked again!How?First they let me in ,and then just decide to make a joke on me!?!!!!I felt myself horrible, i got a noce bleeding and terrible headache!At 3.00 they brought me to the jail, i still can't believe and i spent there the rest of the night.
    In the morning we went to the court where i was informed that if i want to have a advocate i have to pay, and they said also that if i want to make a call it can be just to somebody inside of the country....When my friends try to call to the policestation all the time they got the wrong information about that "i am already free and so on..."After the court they brought me to the Ministry of iligal migration, and there i spent 2 hours or so, and man who talked to me speaked a really bad English...
    So my conclusions are:
    we are not free at all
    we can always become a victims of somebodies wish, or just coinsedently
    it damajed my mind alot
    i am afraid of further travelling
    and it have to pass some time before i will be friendly again to other nations

• lana82's Profile Photo

Jabuka (= Apple): rock, indie, dark side of the 80's

by lana82 Written Dec 1, 2005

nice lil old club in the woods just up from the center of the city. i love the program that goes on on fridays ( stuff like franz ferdinand, libertines, killers, ...) , there is a metal day i think on saturday. sometimes there r promotions of new albums, usually fridays 10pm, before normal program starts.

Dress Code: no code

• lana82's Profile Photo

Aquarius: disco, live concerts

by lana82 Written Nov 30, 2005

Usually it has hip-hop and similar msuic on the menu, but it can vary. There are often concerts, Croatian bands and singers, world music, or some rap, no rule. So check before you go (http://www.aquarius.hr/default-3.asp). During summer, spring it also a cafe with big terrace looking at the lake.

Dress Code: casual

• Gili_S's Profile Photo

Istra: Local pub

by Gili_S Written Nov 19, 2005

Well, I am not sure if this was my age, or, was I too busy, or, my hosts preferred to keep me at home, but I did not really check the nightlife in the city. I mean, on such beautiful summer nights I was much more interested to sit in a café outside enjoying the view then trying to get to one of the crowded smoky pubs or clubs in the city.
    Anyhow, this small local pub I found by coincidence while I had to kill half an hour while waiting for the bus.

Dress Code: What?

Latest: Jun 12, 2014
International
Latest: Jun 19, 2014

Instant Answers: Zagreb

Comments

Zagreb Nightlife

Travel tips and advice posted by real travelers and Zagreb locals.
Map of Zagreb