Pizzeria, Zagreb

4.5 out of 5 stars 12 Reviews

pizza with ham and tomato souce
    by croisbeauty
  • chapel to indicate where
    chapel to indicate where "2" is located
    Dvojka
  • antistar's Profile Photo

Pizzeria: Taverna Leonardo

by antistar Updated May 30, 2013

On Skalinska, between Gradec and the cathedral, were several little places to eat, all with seats out in the narrow street, and all extremely busy. I'd had trouble finding somewhere to eat in Zagreb, which will probably surprise the locals, but between my unreliable Lonely Planet guide, and the seemingly endless cafes without food, I got stuck for food unlike any other city.

Finally, on my second day, I found this little pizzeria. It was so busy that I had to wait to grab a table, and when I did there was only a four-seater available. I was feeling a bit guilty about hogging all this table to myself, until a young Croatian family saved me from my embarrassment and asked if they could share my table with me. Of course, I accepted.

Darko spoke perfect English, not so much his wife unfortunately, and I chatted with him about Croatia, its culture, its politics and its history. It made me glad they'd joined the table.

Oh the food and service is pretty good too, especially for the price, which at about five euros for a pizza, coffee and glass of water was very good value for money.

• croisbeauty's Profile Photo

Dvojka: Pizza rules

by croisbeauty Updated Sep 17, 2011

Dvojka

I love pizza and like it to be make strictly in a traditional Italian way, fire up the wood. Pizzeria "2" or "Dvojka" offering such a kind of pizza and for my money its the best in town. Fact is, it isn't as good as it used to be before but still no other pizzeria in the city centre couldn't compare with the Dvojka.
    In case one doesn't feel like going out could order pizza at home or hotel; 01/4666 111.
    Open daily from 10:00-01:00,
    price list: small pizza 33kn, medium 38kn, jumbo 95kn

Favorite Dish: Definatelly medium size simple pizza with the ham and tomato juice only.

• blusky's Profile Photo

Pizzeria: Nokturno

by blusky Written Dec 5, 2007

Very popular between young people, students...families...turists...almost everyone...everybody knows where it is...

Good food, low prices...sometimes overcrowded....

During the summer and spring it's possible to eat outside...enjoy your meal...

Favorite Dish: Definitelly try stuffed calamari...they are really tasty...skalinske lasagne are also very good

• Study Abroad

• roza_hr's Profile Photo

Karijola: Karijola - the best pizza in Zagreb!

by roza_hr Updated May 16, 2007

Although located a bit outside the city center, Pizzeria Karijola is well worth a visit. Since it was open two years ago, it's been acknowledged as the best pizzeria in Zagreb by everyone who ever tried it. Their selection of pizza may not be as broad as somewhere else, but they've definitely decided to focus on quality, which is great.

They've come up with their own special recipe which is quite different than your average Zagreb pizza.
    Only the best ingredients are used, like excellent olive oil and mozzarella (standard ingredients on all of their pizza), smoked ham (prosciutto), pancetta, chanterelle, garlic, arugula, cherry tomatoes, sardines etc.
    The pizza base is very thin and crispy, baked, of course, in a traditional oven on a very high temperature for not more than a few minutes. The result is a great light pizza which leaves you full but not stuffed, unlike so many other pizza in Zagreb.

They have a top quality vegetarian pizza as well. A really good wheat beer is served on tap (Erdinger), and a great selection of both red and white wine.

The place is relatively small, well decorated with an intimate atmosphere. There is also a small terrace in the shade, perfect for hot summer weather.

The prices are somewhat higher than average, but the excellent food really makes up for that.

They don't take bookings, so if you arrive in the rush hour, say between 1 and 5 p.m., you might have to wait a bit before they find you a table.

Favorite Dish: My favourite pizza is "bijela" (white) pizza, with garlic, arugula and cherry tomatoes, and "karijola", with smoked ham and mushrooms. But every kind of pizza they offer is worth a try, so don't be shy.

Pizzeria: Maslina

by ivanab Updated Mar 7, 2007

I've tried a lot of pizza's in zagreb. And I just love pizza. When a friend told mbout this place, I went there curious, but didn't expect nothing much, since I already knew where the best pizza in Zagreb is. But, how I was wrong. After I tasted a pizza here, I never went to another pizzeria again. Ok, I did; but only because here was so crowded I had to wait to get seated.
    And one normal sized pizza is so big it is enough for 2 persons to eat.

Favorite Dish: Definitely go for a pizza here. But if you're not a pizza person, there is a big choice of pasta and meat dishes, also very good ones.

• Mamma Mia: GREAT PIZZAS

by sabsi Updated Dec 16, 2004

Pizza Heaven

This restaurant in a backyard of Ilica - Zagreb's longest street - is not really beautiful or charming but still it was nice to sit here for ages having a great pizza.

Favorite Dish: I had the pizza with the Slavonian spicy salami called "Kulen" and really enjoyed it.

Mamma Mia: Pizza

by ivanab Written Nov 24, 2004

If you're in a mood for pizza, welcome to one of my favourite pizzerias in town. What it lacks in interior design definitely is supplemented by the quality of food. They don't have large menu of pizzas but the 10 different kinds they have are brought to perfection. The prices are one of the lowest in town- small pizza is 17 kn (around 2,5 euro) and it's big enough for a decent meal. Only if you're super hungry order a big one

• Prasnjavi's Profile Photo

"MASLINA": I told you

by Prasnjavi Updated Apr 1, 2004

Pizza

This is "Paklena" pizza. "Pakao" ("Paklena" is adverb) means "hell", so, it's too hot. But it's excellent. And it's huge. More then 40 centimeters in diameter. It coasts 35 Croatian Kunas (~7,2 HKn = 1 Euro).

• Prasnjavi's Profile Photo

MASLINA: The best pizza from Trieste to Belgrade

by Prasnjavi Updated Apr 1, 2004

I really hardly found it but I was very satisfied when I did it. My first visit taught me that, in lunch time, I have to make reservation. Otherwise, I will stay hungry.

Favorite Dish: They serve Italian and Dalmatinian food.

Pizzeria: Stara Sava

by ivanab Written May 28, 2006

It is a famous student hang out near student dorms. Food is really good, pizzas are huge and delitious, but serves also pastas and some other italian food.

• Sambawalk's Profile Photo

Pizzicato: Good pizza in town

by Sambawalk Written Dec 2, 2005

The pizza is freshly baked and the menu is in English. It goes well with beer. Each pizza starts from 25KN.

• ana.gsm's Profile Photo

Pizzeria: where to eat....

by ana.gsm Written Sep 12, 2005

Best pizza place in Zagreb, if you ask me, is NOKTURNO in Skalinslka street...near famous Tkalciceva street and the Dolac market....

Instant Answers: Zagreb